What GLOCK do you regret selling?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1canvas, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Gen. Barnicky

Gen. Barnicky

I sold a Glock 40. It was my intro to 10mm. At the time ammo was hard to find. But I bought a Glock 20 and my 10mm obsession continues. But I do miss that G40.

2. DrewBone

DrewBone

I currently have 9 different Glock pistols on consignment at my local gunshop, and as soon as I locate the original barrel for my Gen3 G20, Gen3 G35, and extra barrel for my Gen3 G21SF/10mm conversion, they'll pretty much all be gone.

My experimentations with 13 different Glock pistols revealed that they're the most unergonomic, overrated, and overpriced pistol available today. I dont give a rat's arse about simplicity, popularity, or how many LE entities use them...it's all inconsquential to me. I absolutely refuse to force myself to "like" a handgun, especially when there are so many other viable and IMHO better choices out there than Glock. All one has to do is take off the blinders and put aside the brand loyalty, hatred, and the hype, and have a mind of your own, spending some time and effort looking at and trying other manufacturer's pistols. I've found that doing so has been really eye opening and well worth the effort.

3. cbird77

cbird77

G27 gen 4 USA with the Teflon finish. I still have the matching 23, it’s not going anywhere.

4. Npowers66

Npowers66

I regret my 23 got stolen.

5. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

My 26....somehow I ended up with 2 more lol

6. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

7. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

They should sell quick ... good luck

buster55 likes this.
  8. norcalAF

norcalAF

Probably a question for another thread, but what other gun/lines do you consider better and why? I'm just curious as I went through several manufacturers semi-intentionally avoiding Glock for years because I visually (stupid reason when it comes to tools for defending your life, but I digress) found them unappealing. After trying a couple of rentals at the range, I realized how easily accurate I was with them and quickly became a convert.

I still enjoy my other pistols, but Glock is pretty darn close to perfection for my hand. I don't have any gen5s though as I won't pay the premium they fetch in California due to asinine laws.

9. B0308

B0308

Bought a bunch, only sold one a Gen Zero.5 G17, about 6-10 months into importation. Cherry shape, sold for almost 4 times purchase price, to a good home. No regrets.

The others I shoot the **** out of, they are all good!

10. triaxle

triaxle

About 10 years ago I picked up a unfired Gen 2 G17 ,box all papers for like 275 sold it wish I had that one back .

buster55 likes this.
  11. Alex D

Alex D

The only Glock I sold was my G43 and for me since the P365 there is no reason for a G43 anymore. So I don't regret it. I regret buying my G40. It is just too massive and I should have gone with a G20

12. Reformed SigMan

Reformed SigMan

G19.5 MOS... Thought I would like the G48 more but now I sold it today. The G19 was the first Glock that I fully customized and wish I had kept for sentiment and also that I really had that pistol set up perfectly. Didn't realize how well I shot it until I looked at my groupings on the G48. That gun reminded me why I used to HATE Glocks, I have seen the light, it just never felt right in my hands and I was wishing for that G19 perfection I had assembled myself.

Then I grabbed my G21 SF and was in shooting heaven again (I will be buried with that gun it will NEVER be sold).

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

13. Reformed SigMan

Reformed SigMan

Prior to Gen 5 I had always felt the grip angle on Glocks was off now I've seen the error of my ways. I think for some people like me it's a Ford Chevy thing. My Old Man shot Sig semi's, Browning Shotguns, and Remington rifles. So those were the brands I shot growing up and still have mostly Remington Rifles and until recently Sig pistols.

I personally choose brands on value proposition when I was younger and a gun purchase was a big investment so I couldn't afford a Sig and developed an affection for Ruger, still think you get bang for your buck with Ruger and only own Ruger wheel guns still. I bought a few Springfield thinking they were Sig lite pistols.

Now I dont agonize over a purchase and have been buying Glocks because I trust them and love working on guns and nothing I have found is more pleasent to customize than a Glock. Will never go past a field strip of Springfield again for sure.

Well there is my winding tale of how my safe ended up full of Glocks, Rugers, and Remington's.

ATI is a brand of shotguns that I think gives amazing value for the money just don't have many scatterguns

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  14. 0311INF

0311INF

As much as I've tried to divest myself of Glock pistols, they always make a come-back. As long as the form factor isn't too offputting for both hand and eye, there really isn't much else with the same simplicity of design, size and weight to capacity ratio, relative ease of operation, cheap mags and breadth of accessories, reliability and durability. Granted there are other similar options like the CZ and S&W but those have not proved significantly or comprehensively better than Glock. One day Glock will be dethroned, but I think it's pretense to believe that has happened already.

Reformed SigMan likes this.
  15. VIS07

VIS07 Never, never, never give up.

16. Reformed SigMan

Reformed SigMan

I think Glock may dethrone themselves like IBM and Colt. The secondary market is getting so good that slowly over time 80/20 will be like the AR market is now where hobbyist that tinkered start to provide customized guns built on the platform. It will take years for that to do significant economic damage to Glock but they need to push their product offerings some. Nobody shows up at the range and people ask what model Sig is that is new and the owner says no I'm building my own Sig's now. I say that and I hear that often at our club when someone pulls out a custom build and then says they are building their Glocks now. It seems hard to imagine now but that is the first step to be a commodity and not a premium brand.

17. glockforlife100

glockforlife100

I
    If you have mastered the G19 and might move to the G23, I would continue on that path. The G26 and the G27 are both back-up pistols that are accepted by the law enforcement communities worldwide. Both perform like their larger siblings in terms of grip size and muzzle velocity. My experience with the 43 was a dramatically different (and less comfortable) feel. Ultimately, whatever you are comfortable with works but for CCW I would try as many of the Glock options first before choosing.

18. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

19. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

20. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

The first Glock I ever owned was a Gen 2 22. I sold it because I wasn't ready to switch from 1911s. I wish I'd kept it.