Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another bored thread. So who out there likes the stock controls? (Safeties, hammers, slide release, etc?)

I like: Stock GI slide release, thumb safety, but that's it I like commander hammer and beavertail. So what says the 1911 subforumers?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I like the G.I. style guide rod and spring plug.
All of the controls and everything else that comes on a Mil-Spec type of 1911.

·
Registered
24,236 Posts
I like that little thumb safety that's on the original USGI 1911 pistols.

I detest anything "extended" on a 1911.:steamed:

·
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Me too my hands are big enough and I have no problem NO extended mag and slide release or thumb safety for me.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

Same here. Wide spur hammers, WWII type safeties, GI abbreviated guide rod (love the "press check"), standard grip safety... pretty much everything except the sights (which work just fine for anything short of competition). I prefer a log trigger and flat MSH. Anyhow, mine goes bang every time, so I'm not messing with perfection. Nothing extended on my 1911's. I did buy an ambidextrous non-extended thumb safety from Brownell's, but the pin was so big I opted not to install it.

Good thread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another bored thread. So who out there likes the stock controls? (Safeties, hammers, slide release, etc?)

I like: Stock GI slide release, thumb safety, but that's it I like commander hammer and beavertail. So what says the 1911 subforumers?
I liked all of them until I discovered beaver tails, bobbed hammers, extended thumb safeties, extended magazine releases, grips, bobtails, lightened triggers, high visibility sights. How unsatisfied I am.

The stock slide release does it for me.

·
Deals in Facts
13,433 Posts
I prefer the classics.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I like:

GI recoil assembly
Short trigger
GI slide release
Lanyard loop mainspring housing (although I do like it recessed)
GI mag release
GI barrel bushing

Come to think of it, the only "upgrades" I insist on are a beavertail, extended combat safety, and larger sights.

·
INFRINGED
42,213 Posts
The older I get, the more I despise all the goofy add on doodads.
I would rather have my gun be GI.

It's to late for all the others I have though, but any newer ones will most likely be a GI style.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Short triggers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts