What front sight for use with FastfireII?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Guambodian, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Guambodian

Guambodian

I recently received a Glock 19 3rd gen(stock sights) and a Burris Fastfire II as gifts. I also have a 3rd gen 17 with Glock factory night sights. I plan on having the glock night sights transfered to the 19, and having the FF2 mounted on the 17 (dovetail mount). I was wondering what would be a good front sight to use in conjunction with the FF2? Any thoughts, opinions, or advice? I would really appreciate help from other Glockers who use the FF2 so that I don't have to learn the hard way. Thanks in advance.

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

You do not use a front sight with the FastFire II.
    Once sighted in, there the dot is, the bullet goes.

3. Guambodian

Guambodian

^ I know this. What I meant was, what would be a good sight to have on there that would A, not interfere with the FF2 when it was working, and B, still be good on it's own in a pinch if the FF2 failed. Thank you for the reply.

4. Guambodian

Guambodian

edited for punctuation.

5. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

I have a tall front sight (about 0.275") that was on my gun when I removed the rear sight and installed the Fastfire II. I think its a Bomar, but any tall front sight should provide you a backup on which to index if you lose power on the FF.

6. Guambodian

Guambodian

7. bentbiker

bentbiker

The front BUIS installed by One Source Tactical with my RMR is actually a suppressor sight and measures 5/16". The rear is almost the same height, just slightly less. Works perfect with the RMR.

8. Guambodian

Guambodian

I've seen those, but I'm not milling the slide. I'm just going to put on a dovetail mount. I'm not sure but I think that because of that my sight might sit a little higher.

9. bentbiker

bentbiker

You are correct that it would be very tight with the RMR and a mount. I don't know whether the base of the FF is as thick as the RMR; if it is, you would need sights that are probably taller than mine by the thickness of the mount plus my milling. That would mean you'd need BUIS approximately 3/4" tall -- sounds more like combat rifle iron sights. Are you sure you don't want to mill your slide?

10. Guambodian

Guambodian

I might mill it, but not until I'm sure that I'm sticking with the red dot set up. At that point though, I will probably go with a better sight, like your RMR for instance. I figure I'll practice/experiment with my free (gift) sight before I spring for one that costs the same as or more than my pistol.