close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What extractor should I get (Gen 4 19)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cowboy1964, Jun 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Ok so I've tried the 336 and 30274 ejectors and both the original and the current RSA. Ejection is still weak and sprinkler-like too much. The only thing left is to try a different ejector. What should I try?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The first I'd try is a replacement 9mm LCI factory extractor. Made in Austria says the ones marked "2" on the round leg of the extractor seem to work the best, and that if you order from glockparts.com you can put in the "Notes" section when you order that you'd like an extractor marked with the number "2" on the round leg of the extractor.

I would try that extractor with both the 336 and 30274 ejectors if you still have both.

If that extractor doesn't work, I'd try a Lone Wolf-brand .40 LCI extractor. They sell both factory and their own brand of extractors, the LWD-1899 version is what I'd try. Many people saw the ejection problem fixed by using this extractor alone with the old 336 ejector.

The last one I'd try is a factory .40 LCI extractor. Most people report that it drops right in and fixes the ejection problem, but novasquid said he had to file down the very top portion of the claw that sits closest to the breech face to allow it to feed rounds properly, once he did it fixed the ejection problem.

There shouldn't be any need to change the spring loaded bearing as long as you stick with LCI extractors.

You might want to hold off on trying anything until Apex Tactical gets their parts out and there are plenty of reviews on them:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19052666&postcount=664

Looking at their facebook page, it seems the new parts are a 9mm extractor and EDP spring.

3. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

In all seriousness. You should be asking what GUN should I get next that is not a glock 9mn?????

Totally inexcusable to have to keep trying parts on a defensive weapon like some half-ass go kart a kid is trying to build. IMHO...

I just dumped my 26 that started doing that bs.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

While I agree that it's a hassle to attempt to cure this ejection issue, the fact is the 19 is still my #1 carry gun for many reasons and it has never jammed. I want to make the effort to make it 100%.

Plus I want to know this IS fixable before I ever buy another Glock.

5. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

The non-MIM old style non-LCI extractor as well as the 30274 cured my problems.

They are available at brownells.

6. brickboy240

brickboy240

Will the older non LCI extractors fit in a newer made 3rd gen G19?

What I mean is that if I have an older Gen2 G17 or 19...can I take THAT extractor and drop it in my 3rd gen G19?

If so...I don't have to wait for the Apex extractor.

- brickboy240

7. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

Yes, they work, but the ejection port is cut more aggressively on the Gen 3 and Gen 4.

8. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Have you tried the extractor "fixes" as described in the stickied thread at the top of G.G.?

Stoning, smoothing and cleaning your extractor may help your problems. I have a GEN3 G17C that started throwing cases back in my face and ejecting weakly, so I stoned & smoothed my extractor, and then I inspected the area where the extractor makes contact with the case rim.

Lo and behold, I found that in the grooves of the extractor where it grips the case rim were absolutely crudded-up. I cleaned all of the carbon build-up away, carefully using a knife point, and along with the stoning and polishing, my G17C was back to ejecting perfectly.

If you haven't done this already, you might want to consider giving these tweaks a try. Might work, might not....only one way to find out.

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Mine was crudded up but I cleaned it out but haven't shot it enough yet to make a definitive judgement but what I did shoot didn't seem to be any better.

I have the LCI extractor coming so I'm really curious to see how that works. My last step will be the surgical options but I really don't want to go down that route if I don't have to. I'm going to do a detail strip to make sure everything is clean before I try the new extractor. It probably wouldn't hurt anyway now that I have several thousand rounds through it.

10. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970

Sell it and get an M&P. No more ejection problems. Though, as I have said before, my older Glocks don't have any issues.

11. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I have a full size M&P! I just like the Glock better for carry purposes. I was considering an M&P Compact but for some reason those just don't do it for me.

12. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

I'm not sure what you mean by "surgical options", but if you're going to detail strip and clean your slide, stoning/polishing the sides of the extractor, until you extractor falls out of the slide from it's own weight, fixed my issues, and helped a lot of other people.

The stickey at the top of this forum explains exactly how to do it, and it's beyond easy. I used a knife sharpening stone to polish mine.