43,600 Posts
It means "LIBS INSIDE"

·
Registered
43,600 Posts

·
Registered
36,207 Posts
Likely means if they see your ccw, shame on you, then they can ask you to leave & you must or be in trespass.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Likely means if they see your ccw, shame on you, then they can ask you to leave & you must or be in trespass.
Ahhh, but in Texas the laws have teeth. I think they send SWAT out for printing with your carry gun.
Kidding about SWAT, but the prohibitions are real and have teeth. Be careful, know your signs.
Ed

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
30:06 legal 30:07 illegal

We had a mental facility in my jurisdiction that would call us occasionally. They had prohibited gun signs. Security tried to tells us, no firearms on the unit. Yeah telling us cops, no guns! The only thing secure was the door locks, patients had access to lots of stuff. Chief eventually told them then dont call us.

As a retired officer, I pay ZERO attention to these signs. I usually pocket carry and dont draw any attention carry wise.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I saw this in Texas on the Gulf Coast. I know the top portion legally blocks open carry but how about the lower portion?
Because it doesn't have the proper wording, the bottom sign has zero legal meaning.
The top sign, with some wording blocked, may invalidate it as well.
In Texas, those signs can prohibit open carry by permit holder, with different wording concealed carry as well. But the wording has to be exact and of legal size. The charge would be trespass, not a weapons charge per se. And verbal notification is also required in most if not all jurisdictions.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The smaller (faded) sign references an establishment that derives 51% of its revenue from alcohol.

I would look for a nearby competitor who wants my money.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,899 Posts
I don't think it applies to foreign made guns.

Reactions: Rotn1 and Pontoof

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks fellas. I believe this was on a coffee shop (that may sell alcohol) that closes in the evenings and is next door to a package store.

·
Registered
25,901 Posts
Because it doesn't have the proper wording, the bottom sign has zero legal meaning.
The top sign, with some wording blocked, may invalidate it as well.
In Texas, those signs can prohibit open carry by permit holder, with different wording concealed carry as well. But the wording has to be exact and of legal size. The charge would be trespass, not a weapons charge per se. And verbal notification is also required in most if not all jurisdictions.
The bottom sign is blocking the Spanish translation of the law which is required to be posted if you want to legally prevent OC.

In the real world if you open carry into a place with a no guns allowed sign, you will most likely be ask to leave -

If you don't then they can have you charged with trespassing.

One place I go has two big 30.07 signs at the door - since I CC I didn't care.

I always parked on the south side and entered by the south door - one day I went to the other door on the north side and they had two big 30.06 signs prohibiting CC.

My guess is whoever put the signs up didn't know they were different and ended up putting two of the same sign at each entrance.

I now only go in the south door - as far as I am concerned they did not post the proper signs on the door.

BTW - I think some businesses put up the standard no gun sign that in Texas means absolutely nothing -

I have taken the position that they did this on purpose - they didn't want to prevent me from CCing - if they would have they should have put up the proper sign - but they instead put up a sign that carries no weight to make the liberal customers feel safe.

EDIT:

When the open carry law first took effect in Texas I saw a lot of businesses put up both 30.06 and 30.07 signs -

But after a few months most took down the 30.06 sign - and a few removed both signs.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
The bottom sign is blocking the Spanish translation of the law which is required to be posted if you want to legally prevent OC.

In the real world if you open carry into a place with a no guns allowed sign, you will most likely be ask to leave -

If you don't then they can have you charged with trespassing.

One place I go has two big 30.07 signs at the door - since I CC I didn't care.

I always parked on the south side and entered by the south door - one day I went to the other door on the north side and they had two big 30.06 signs prohibiting CC.

My guess is whoever put the signs up didn't know they were different and ended up putting two of the same sign at each entrance.

I now only go in the south door - as far as I am concerned they did not post the proper signs on the door.

BTW - I think some businesses put up the standard no gun sign that in Texas means absolutely nothing -

I have taken the position that they did this on purpose - they didn't want to prevent me from CCing - if they would have they should have put up the proper sign - but they instead put up a sign that carries no weight to make the liberal customers feel safe.

EDIT:

When the open carry law first took effect in Texas I saw a lot of businesses put up both 30.06 and 30.07 signs -

But after a few months most took down the 30.06 sign - and a few removed both signs.
In this area, posting both the 30.06 and 30.07 signs is a death warrant for businesses. The only place I know that did this was a movie theater over in Abilene. You couldn’t carry at all.

The majority of people with licenses to carry wouldn’t go there (including myself). The theater went out of business within a few months.

When the handgun carry law went into effect back in September of 95, Lowe’s hardware posted the gun buster signs.
A few people walked in, told the manager that they planned on doing home renovations costing thousands of dollars, but would now take their business elsewhere because of the signs. That worked. The signs came down.

Very few businesses even post the 30.07 signs, let alone both.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts