close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What does the animals do without h20

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, Jul 10, 2006.

1. noway

noway

A weekend back I took the 35mm camera, sniping shears,corn knife and ladder stand to go do some pre-season scouting and to beat back the brush in an area that I plan to hunt at.

We are getting rain in my local community but 125miles north is a whole another ball game. No hurricanes and very little rain have left most of the the area dry. I mean bone dry with no signs of water. These same areas that use to have standing water from 2" to 4ft or even more are not show NONE water.

I still was able to get some pictures of deer/squirrel/turkeys and I even got jumped by a sml hog.

i would like to share these with you;

Here's a deer that I stalk across a pasture about 75 yards away. Purr fect broadside shot if I had a rifle but this area is no centerfire zone so I would have to take a shotgun or handgun.If you look closely you will see the sihoulette of a deer in the center screen.

2. noway

noway

after watching this one deer it was soon joined by a second deer and I was spotted when I tried to move in close for a better view

3. noway

noway

This young fox squirrel was treed and I was able to get a few shots of him at a top of sabal palm as me and him eye'd each other.

4. noway

noway

anybody that hunts would recognize these. These turkeys where strutting across a dry mash that use to be wet. I counted 6 toms with short beards. Use the back foliage to break my outline up I was able to squat and get within 20yards. Only if these birds would have shown up during spring turkey season I could have bag a tom.

5. noway

noway

Here;s a field or turkies grazing in an area adjacent but out of bounds of the actual WMA. The smaller dots are poults and the bigger birds are Hens.

6. noway

noway

for some reason I couldn't change me deer pic but heres 2 deers ( moma and fawn I think )

7. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Looks like you had a real eventful weekend my friend.
    You saw a good deal of game and had a good time doing it. Man those trees sure do look different than mesquite! :supergrin:

I still need to get down there and get the Oceola turkey and get this Grand Slam going one of these days, and i think you still need the Rio, and Merriman don't ya?

What does the animals do without h20 ? You asked.
    Travel man travel. Same as you and i would if we were thristy..
    I hope you guys get the needed moisture there soon..... I can relate here as well, dry as a bone! Very Dry.

Thanks for sharing those pics Man, very nice noway! ;)

CanyonMan