Glock Talk banner

What does Glock Recommend?

2K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  MikeG36 
#1 ·
With all the calls and pistols they recieve with weak ejection issues, I am curious as to which 9 m/m ammo Glock uses to check function at the factory.

I have read the specs in the manual, but was wondering if the folks in GA use a specific brand and or bullet weight.

#3 ·
If you send a Glock to Smyrna with a problem, Glock uses the same ammo you reported using when the problem occurred. They have skids of ammo, every caliber, every weight, every new ammo manufacturer.

When test firing pistols, they use whichever is at hand at the moment.

#5 ·
Two of my Glocks came with CCI Aluminum Blazer cartridge cases. The last one came with Remington brass cases. From what I know of Glock, Inc. they go out for bid on factory ammo and buy the cheapest lot of whatever ammo for the factory to use. The mere thought of Glock, Smyrna using duplicate ammo to whatever the customer is using in order to fix a pistol is ....... ludicrous! (Glock, GmbH would never approve of any such maudlin sentimentality. With Glock, Inc. it's always the, 'bottom line' that counts.)

#7 ·
Arc,

I've been there, September 2011. I've seen the ammo stores. Trust me, it's real and they do. The 100 meter indoor range is also real.

#10 ·
Arc,

I've been there, September 2011. I've seen the ammo stores. Trust me, it's real and they do. The 100 meter indoor range is also real.
I knew you'd say that, Danny; and I am NOT doubting you, personally. Yes, I believe that multiple skids of varied ammo brands do exist at the Smyrna factory; but ALL OF IT is whatever Glock, Inc. could obtain at a given time and at the lowest possible price.

Believe me I've been doing business with Glock, Smyrna for a number of years now, too. If I honestly believed that the factory put that sort of care and concern into its everyday pistol repairs, I'd seek psychological counseling. (I'm, also, certain that I'm far from alone in this opinion.)

I've done business with Smith & Wesson, and Strum-Ruger for almost half a century. There is, utterly, no comparison between the customer service provided by either of these companies, and what goes on everyday at Glock, Smyrna - Utterly no comparison!

(Can you imagine begging S&W or Ruger for a UPS pickup slip? Depending upon moon phase, though, at Glock, Inc. usually even crying won't help!)

#11 ·
They say after hearing and in a "I don't care, I have to listen to you thats why I am on the call" attitude.

- Send it in and we will check it out,
= which address do I send to
- the one on the website
= do you give any return number
- no, just write a letter what the problem is
= Will you sned me a shipping label
- You pay the shipping to us and we will ship back

Sorry, had to say it, didn't have a rude customer service call in a long time :supergrin:

#15 · (Edited)
They use 9mm loaded to 10mm. That way, any limpwristers are killed off by the recoil, cant have any limp wrist shooters at glock, plus the extra power covers up any mechanical problems.

You can do the same, but really only glock technicians should attempt this. If a 10mm blows out your puny 9mm, glock can attribute it to you being stupid, if you are not simply vaporized by the awesomeness of a 10mm type load being shot out of a 9mm.

So, to summarize, if you have a problem with your weak 9mm, you can try to load it up to 10mm, where if you limpwrist, you die. If you are simply new and not really cool enough or knowledgeable enough, the 10mm will vaporize your new puny 9mm shooting self and you will die.

If you are cool enough and knowledgeable enough, then the 10mm loadings will fix everything, because every shooting problem can be solved with the awesomeness of the 10 mm.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#16 ·
How funny, all the people in clear denial of Glock's problems blame cheap ammo yet Glock test fires with bottom barrel ammo.

At this rate Glock will soon be telling customers that it's normal to have to cycle the slide by hand after each round.

#18 ·
How funny, all the people in clear denial of Glock's problems blame cheap ammo yet Glock test fires with bottom barrel ammo.

At this rate Glock will soon be telling customers that it's normal to have to cycle the slide by hand after each round.

Blazer is certainly not 'bottom barrel' ammo. The problem with it is that Glocks have a 'stepped' chamber and usually steel & aluminum cases don't work well with that format. So much so that H&K advises against using steel or aluminum cases in their guns for this very reason. It's also why the Germans stopped using stepped chambers in 1941-42 when they switched over to steel cases.

#19 ·
Arc,

I took a tour in Smyrna today.

Mine (2012) came with CCI Blazer Aluminum, and that was what I saw in person.

#20 ·
Blazer is certainly not 'bottom barrel' ammo. The problem with it is that Glocks have a 'stepped' chamber and usually steel & aluminum cases don't work well with that format. So much so that H&K advises against using steel or aluminum cases in their guns for this very reason. It's also why the Germans stopped using stepped chambers in 1941-42 when they switched over to steel cases.
:shocked: Whoa! Me thinks you're on a roll. That's some of the best internet BS I've ever read!

'Stepped chamber' - Huh! What, the heck, is a, 'stepped chamber'? At some point during the past 50 years I must have missed that one. :headscratch:

Are you, by any chance, referring to a chamber with a cut shoulder as opposed to one with a beveled shoulder and leade area? The, 'cut shoulder' that Glock uses has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not aluminum or steel cases can be used, safely, in either a Glock or H&K pistol. That's just plain nonsense!

The problems with steel and aluminum cases derive from: (1) chamber pressure and failure of many S & A cases to contract after firing as well as brass; and (2) the failure of many European and ComBloc steel cartridge manufactures to adhere to SAAMI specifications.

Modern American-made aluminum pistol cartridges are 100% safe to use in a Glock. I don't know how many dozens of cases of Blazer Aluminum I've run through my Glock pistols; but I do know that, however high my own round count may be, it's only a small percentage of the huge number of Aluminum Blazer rounds that Glock, Inc. in Smyrna has used over the past 10 years!

The real reason, 'Why' the Germans stopped cutting shoulders into the front of their bottleneck cartridge chambers during the latter years of the war is because the steel cased ammo they were forced to use had OAL dimensions that were often grossly out of spec; and a cut shoulder only complicated things.

:devildance:

(You really are a tricky little devil; aren't you! I love the part where you tell about the WWII Germans and their use of steel cases in '41 and '42. That's not just good internet BS - It's great internet BS!) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#21 ·
:shocked: Whoa! Me thinks you're on a roll. That's some of the best internet BS I've ever read!

'Stepped chamber' - Huh! What, the heck, is a, 'stepped chamber'? At some point during the past 50 years I must have missed that one. :headscratch: ...

I'm sure there's a long list of things you've missed in life, Chief. However, the "short bus" was not one of those. :wavey:

Since you're obviously too lazy to do a sincere Google search:

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?30176-The-Story-Behind-the-Stepped-9mm-Luger-Chamber

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/152750-new-p30-question-about-chamber-ejected-brass.html

#22 ·
People on the internet can, and will, say anything. You're sources stink. Show me an accepted firearms glossary that uses the term, 'stepped chamber'. (Hint: There isn't any.) Who do you think you're fooling, my man? :supergrin:

#23 · (Edited)
Blazer is not too far from the bottom of the barrel. They have great advertising and sale's strategies. They have somehow convinced many "experts" Blazer is "premium" ammo. :rofl:

Glock does not use Blazer because of it's amazing performance. They use it because they need to buy ammo in bulk and the manufacturer gives them a great price. Profitable companies don't stay profitable for long by paying too much for anything.

Tiro loves the errornet and according to him, everything you read on it is the truth. What are his references???? Forums....are you kidding me?? Just read some of the ridiculous "facts" contained in this forum.

Read his posts. He will tell you Froglube cures cancer, Winchester sells all of their inferior ammo to Wal-Mart, and Blazer is the best ammo money can buy. I don't know about the Wal-Mart claim......I can't find the info on a forum. :rofl:

I would believe Arc Angel before I believe the internet. Apparently he has been working with manufacturers for at least 50 years and I think life-experience trumps what you would find on forums.

#24 ·
Where do you get your BS from??? HK does not state not to use steel case, as a matter of fact HK states: "Currently there are no known .45ACP ammunition types that are not compatible with the HK45 pistols with the exception of some light, match grade wadcutter loads that provide insufficient recoil impulse to reliably operate..."

There were a couple of big wars fought exclusively using steel case ammo including HKs. All my Glocks (older ones)/HKs/Sigs run steel case with zero issues.

And yes, Blazer it is bottom barrel...it was the 'bargain' ammo at Academy until Russian ammo hit the scene...used to be $8/box for 9mm. Like mentioned Blazer simply has a marketing strategy to make you think it's not the $8/box stuff it used to be.

#25 ·
...Show me an accepted firearms glossary that uses the term, 'stepped chamber'. (Hint: There isn't any.) Who do you think you're fooling, my man? :supergrin:

It's common knowledge. You didn't know this? I show you pictures and you still don't believe. Look at your Glock chamber, Einstein. :wavey: :upeyes:

...Read his posts. He will tell you Froglube cures cancer, Winchester sells all of their inferior ammo to Wal-Mart, and Blazer is the best ammo money can buy. I don't know about the Wal-Mart claim......I can't find the info on a forum...

I will give you One million dollars if you can quote where I have approved Frog Lube, knucklehead. I have said all along it is snake oil. Do a search under my name and report back. As usual, you are full of it and half armed with facts.

Where do you get your BS from??? HK does not state not to use steel case, as a matter of fact HK states: "Currently there are no known .45ACP ammunition types that are not compatible with the HK45 pistols with the exception of some light, match grade wadcutter loads that provide insufficient recoil impulse to reliably operate..." ...
Page 16 H&K P30 manual. read it, learn it & live it. Then come back & apologize:

http://www.hk-usa.com/-images/shared/PSeries_Ops_Manual_060809.pdf

#26 ·
It's common knowledge. You didn't know this? I show you pictures and you still don't believe. Look at your Glock chamber, Einstein. :wavey: :upeyes:

I will give you One million dollars if you can quote where I have approved Frog Lube, knucklehead. I have said all along it is snake oil. Do a search under my name and report back. As usual, you are full of it and half armed with facts.

Page 16 H&K P30 manual. read it, learn it & live it. Then come back & apologize:

http://www.hk-usa.com/-images/shared/PSeries_Ops_Manual_060809.pdf
The P30 manual simply states 'not recommended,' You are the one that owes multiple people apologies, not to mention you've been called out multiple times on your severe lack of firearms knowledge. Like others have said...no use.

Even Glock reps directly admit their current models have issues...good luck on your preaching it's the shooter's 'grip' or it's the 'ammo'...you must know more than Glock and the rest of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.