Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on here about taking your pistol to a GLOCK armorer at a GSSF match, taking it to the hq in Smyrna, or even shipping it off to get it inspected. My question is, what exactly do they do? I assume they detail strip it, look at the mags...do they fire it too? Just curious, thanks.

·
Man W/ A Badge
1,778 Posts
Depends on what you sent it to them for in the first place. Refinishing, check out the springs, some kind of failure, etc.

If just sending it in to be checked out...well there is $50 out the window when any armorer can do that for you. But if you have some sort of major failure such of a Kb or damage, then I'm sure it would thoroughly checked out to see if its still safe to operator or not, function checked, parts replaced as needed, and sent back to ya.

·
Man W/ A Badge
1,778 Posts
Personally I think it would be awesome to go there in person. No idea if they give tours or have like a product display room with all the different promos and stuff they've offered through the years, but if they do I think it would be a sweet sight to see. If you're there though, might as well stop in and have it checked out...what can it hurt, right?

·
20,419 Posts
Glock Armorers at a GSSF match do not fire your pistol unless you are experiencing a sight problem. They do:

1. detail strip and inspect, replacing any worn or suspect parts.

2. remove any aftermarket internal parts and return them to you.

3. clean and oil

4. perform all of the function tests

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glock Armorers at a GSSF match do not fire your pistol unless you are experiencing a sight problem. They do:

1. detail strip and inspect, replacing any worn or suspect parts.

2. remove any aftermarket internal parts and return them to you.

3. clean and oil

4. perform all of the function tests

Thanks! I want to get my 15yr old G17 looked at, and probably my soon to be owned G21, since I am buying it used. Looks like I will be able to visit GLOCK in July on my way to South Carolina.

·
Registered
823 Posts
You may want to call them in advance to see if they can do a "Drop By" gun check. 770-432-1202. Local call for me. I have had springs changed at a GSSF Shoot.

·
just me
8,190 Posts
do they fire it too ? when you take it to Smyrna yes they do to test it out ... and you don't have to call golck in smyrna to have your gun look at just show up before 4:00 o'clock

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have read on here about taking your pistol to a GLOCK armorer at a GSSF match, taking it to the hq in Smyrna, or even shipping it off to get it inspected. My question is, what exactly do they do? I assume they detail strip it, look at the mags...do they fire it too? Just curious, thanks.
They go through every part, inspect it for wear or damage, upgrade any older, worn or damaged parts. On my 23, all of the internals in the receiver and several in the slide were replaced because they were out of date. My 2nd Gen 23 now has the loaded chamber indicator.

NO gun leaves that building without being test fired. Period.

Personally I think it would be awesome to go there in person. No idea if they give tours or have like a product display room with all the different promos and stuff they've offered through the years, but if they do I think it would be a sweet sight to see. If you're there though, might as well stop in and have it checked out...what can it hurt, right?
They do not give tours. You wait in the lobby. I've read of a few people who did get to go back, but it's just assembly, not truly manufacturing.

Now, when they do start full production, I will be working my contacts to get a tour. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts