GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I start, well recently after renting a G26 Gen4 I decided I needed one to replace my MP Shield. Fast forward a few weeks and I picked up a G26 Gen4 FDE, and put the first 200 rounds through it this past Saturday. First mag through the gun resulted in 1.5 inch group at close to 10 yards(Magtech 115gr), that is very good in my eyes with Glock stock sights, and it made me smile. Groups opened up a bit with some 147 Lawman, that will get a little more testing down the road as I have recently started carrying 147 HST+P.

I switched things up with my new G26, and moved away from Froglube (which has worked for me these past two years) to try out some Lucas Extreme Duty Gun oil. With Initial treatment I was impressed with application and perceived tackiness, and after 200 rounds, everything as still where I put it plus looked like I had just applied it. With how well it performed I took the time and switched my G19 and P320(which I also shot at same range session) to the Lucas Gun Oil after stripping them of Froglube.

Switching to Lucas oil was not so much a negative with Froglube in the sense Froglube has done everything I always needed for me, but the extra heating step was getting a bit old and with a sleeping baby in the house, my cleaning opportunities were being reduced. I wanted to simplify some things, so I am going with M-Pro 7 cleaner(excellent as well for first time use) , and Lucas Oil going forward.

I wanted to try out the GAP floor plates, but could not get the damn stock floor plates off in time for me to get them included in the range session. Later that night I did install one, and really like the feel and looking forward to seeing if they do indeed help on the draw and some recoil management, fit and finish are excellent.

So what they all have in common is they all impressed me.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I found that I shoot a little better without the GAP floor plates, but I use them because they make the gun easier to draw.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GAP floorplates are awesome, used em for years. Lucas gunoil is a new one by me though, ill have to check into it.
Looks at the spikes Tactical site they have the oil, with the spikes name on it for a great price.

·
Just sayin'
4,634 Posts
I've been using M-Pro 7 for years now. Good stuff. I just started using the Lucas Gun Oil about a year ago. Found it at a auto parts store. Works well with all my firearms and it doesn't get gooey or sticky after going to the firing range. It's really easy to clean up.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,713 Posts
Cant think of a reason to own any of them

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been using M-Pro 7 for years now. Good stuff. I just started using the Lucas Gun Oil about a year ago. Found it at a auto parts store. Works well with all my firearms and it doesn't get gooey or sticky after going to the firing range. It's really easy to clean up.
Does not run too far either, stays put from what i can tell. Are you using the red gun oil, or blueish/green? Will be interesting to see how the Grease, CLP and oil all overlap, or work in conjunction.

·
Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
8,513 Posts
Does not run too far either, stays put from what i can tell. Are you using the red gun oil, or blueish/green? Will be interesting to see how the Grease, CLP and oil all overlap, or work in conjunction.
I have (3) 26's with pearce extensions and use Clp.

·
Just sayin'
4,634 Posts
Here is a link to the stuff I'm using:

http://lucasoil.com/products/out-door-line/gun-oil

I use it in my 10/22 to lube the inside of my receiver and bolt action. Easy to clean up after a day of shooting. Use it also on the slide rails barrels of my Glock pistols. A little goes a long way.

Reactions: gundawg82

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,960 Posts
I have been using Mil-Comm Tw25B and MC2500 for years and have had no issues with it. I recently switched over to the Lucas extreme duty oil and grease, just on a whim. So far I am extremely pleased with it. The oil and grease is a bit more tacky than what I was using so it stays put better. I ran it at the range and the cook off is less than with previously used products. Is it the end all to everything else, no, but just another good product to add to the list.

TXPO

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been using Mil-Comm Tw25B and MC2500 for years and have had no issues with it. I recently switched over to the Lucas extreme duty oil and grease, just on a whim. So far I am extremely pleased with it. The oil and grease is a bit more tacky than what I was using so it stays put better. I ran it at the range and the cook off is less than with previously used products. Is it the end all to everything else, no, but just another good product to add to the list.

TXPO
that is about where i am, when i run out of Weapon shield Grease for my Sigs, i will give Lucas Grease a try

1 - 14 of 14 Posts