close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what do you wear underneath? (WADERS)

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, Sep 8, 2003.

1. noway

noway

I have a stupid serious question. When wearing waders in a warm climate what actually do you wear underneath the waders?

I don't exepect the water tempurature to be very cool like what you would expect in the northern states but I also don't want to be sweating inside of my waders.So what would be best idea item to wear as you outer garment for the lower half of you're body?

btw:I worn my waders around outside yesterday just to kinda get use to them with jeans on underneath and I came out soaking wet in them and only had them on for less than 1 hour. Outside tempurature was around 88-90 with 70-80% humidity.

2. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

3. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

I wear NOTHING!!!;P

4. aus_chip

aus_chip

When it's hot (early teal season) I wear shorts. If it's cool I wear bluejeans, and if it's cold I wear fleece pants and long johns.

5. MrMunster

MrMunster

Please tell me you aren't wearing hip boots!?

I know fishing is supposed to be better under a full moon, but....

6. Guest

Used to wear my old, green permanant-press fatigue pants under neoprenes. Worked well in warmer weather. Cooler weather or water, I wear sweats & wool socks.

Keep yourself hydrated, too!!

Too cheep to get the 'newer' wonder-waders. ;g

Steve

7. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

~1 ~1 , nope, Burly boots!

8. NYGunman

NYGunman o.oO0Oo.oO0Oo.o

I know why he does that. He draws in bait fish with the "Little Worm". The larger fish come in for the baitfish and are easy targets.

It's gross but the man sure can catch fish!

9. jacobrich

jacobrich

10. TriggerTripper

TriggerTripper

What kind of waders do you have? If they are neoprene or rubber and it's that hot, your going to get drenched no matter what you wear underneath. (although I think the garments Michigun showed you along with shorts, sweats, and fatigues are the most comfortable choices. I'd stay away from denim as it gets very uncomfortable when it gets wet)
    Is this related to the duck hunting you were talking about earlier? I sometimes hunt and fish from a float tube in just a pair of shorts or nylon pants and keep a change of dry clothes in the truck, but if you're in the water for a long time (and its somewhat cold) Spend the money for some light weight nylon breathable waders. Cabelas has some decent ones for around the $100.00 look under the fishing waders section. They'll help alot in hot weather.
    A last alternative would be to wear the bottoms of a two piece wet suit. If your going to get wet one way or the other, this will at least keep you warm.

11. fajizzle nizzle

fajizzle nizzle

Get a set of breathables. They're all I wear for fishing 12 months a year. Don't bother with the Cabelas breathables either. They're crap. Do it right the first time and get a quality set from Simms, Dan Bailey, or Orvis.