close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

What do you want/expect on an online gun firearms and supplies site?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by i8547, Mar 10, 2006.

1. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

The title pretty much says it all. I am curious as to when you are all browsing various Web sites of gun stores, online gear and accessory supplies retailers etc., what do you expect? Furthermore, what would you like to see on the sites? What would make you feel more comfortable buying from one business over another, etc.

For me... it's always the design first. If the design is horrible, I usually click my back button on the browser. The only times I will make exceptions is if I frequently hear praise about certain places. These places usually end up being one or two man shops who do not value a good design as a priority for their business.

For example, while there are some sites with poor designs and horrible function that I flat-out avoid (will not name them), there are also sites that have poor designs and horrible function such as Ammoman that I shop at frequently.

So perhaps design is not everything. But as smart shoppers, what goes through your head when you are on a site getting ready to buy your new toys and accessories?

I asked this on another gun related forum and the majority of the answers were: 1- easy to find contact information, 2- easy navigation, 3- a professional appearance, and 4- good product photos.

2. Dandapani

Dandapani

1) Real time inventory (in stock status, remaining stock count)
    2) Automated notification system, order placed, card charged, order filled, order shipped w/tracking number
    3) Can check status of order at anytime

Two good examples are amazon.com and newegg.com.

3. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

Exactly the type of feedback I'm looking for. Anyone else with other opinions?

4. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

for computers. study them. copy them, until and unless you know why not.

they automatically (software) confirm every step. order, shipment, total invoice, tracking.

if you have ANY issue, you get to a real human immediately who has instructions to make it right, whatever that means. (within normal business hours 8-5 M-F PST)

so, they win, 5 9's on customer service at every step of the way. you can NOT be wrong with that attitude, anything that is wrong gets fixed, and after three or four times some PERSON gets fixed. it's the fastest shipping in the business. if you order it an hour before the truck rolls, it goes that day.

Treat every sale and every delivery like you are working on a pit crew. Negotiate the VERY BEST shipping rate, add NOTHING, give NO freebies ever.

I do not want free NOTHING. charge ME for my stuff, charge the other guy for his.

do NOT scrape out 'windfall' profits, and do not lose money.

if you get a deal, give US a deal. if you have to pay more, ok, we will too.. but let it be fair both ways. FAIR profit, FAIR treatment..

that's what will get us hooked. Newegg is NOT CHEAPEST.. they're 3-5% over that..

and everybody knows it, and nobody gripes, and it's just FINE that they are.. cause they earn it.

and if you want to know the difference between flakes and customers? customers spend money. treat them all like they might spend more, and you'll usually be right. out of ten local stores i might buy guns or ammo or sportsmans supplies, i've had absolutely stupid service in several, mediocre in several, good in one, and great in one.

guess who gets my money?

5. PrincipalGlock

PrincipalGlock