What Do You Think Should Be Done About Bullying

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TSAX, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Bullying has been in the news a lot lately. What do you guys think is a good way to help, prevent, reduce bullying.

According to stopbullying.gov....................

"A very small number of bullied children might retaliate through extremely violent measures. In 12 of 15 school shooting cases in the 1990s, the shooters had a history of being bullied."

www.stopbullying.gov/at-risk/effects/index.html

:50cal:

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

This is a recent story about bullying where parents feel the school is not doing anything.

Shaun Carr has tried talking to the school superintendent.

“It tends to seem like he’s blowing you off,” said Shaun Carr. “Every time I talk to him.”

Other parents in the school district feel the same way.

“We feel like this school district has not done their part in keeping the students safe,” said Tiffany Bell.

www.kirotv.com/news/news/parents-bullied-students-hope-change-sultan-school/nT79r/

:50cal:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013

3. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Absolutely nothing.

The little snowflakes need to learn that the world can be a cold, cruel place and learn to stand up for themselves or ignore it.

I was bullied and bullied others as a child. I whooped some arse and got my arse whooped.

Parents need to teach their kids to deal with it.

4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Martial arts for kids. Teach them self confidence and discipline.

5. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

Don't vote for them.

6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Stop this everyone gets a trophy BS. Quit punishing kids when they dish out a well-deserved asskicking to a bully. Teach them to stand up for themselves. Get rid of the videogames and send them outside to play. Bring back mandatory PE, including dodgeball and red rover. More football, less soccer.

Bullying is nothing new. Handwringing soccer moms raising helpless poltroons is a fairly recent phenomenon, however.

7. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

I agree 1000%. Well said.
    RJ

8. TK-421

TK-421

Tell the kids that if they don't like being bullied, then they need to fix it somehow. Gotta learn to think for yourself, and act for yourself, if you want to survive in the real world when you grow up. I remember lashing out at kids who tried to bully me. And you know what? I scared the crap out of the other kids and nobody bullied me again. All it took was a bloody nose and people learned that they shouldn't mess with me. Granted, it helped that it was mostly semi-rich kids who were used to being coddled and nobody talking back to them or standing up for themselves, and I had a nasty temper, so it was easier for me than most, but the point remains the same. Don't like being bullied? Fix it.

9. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Public executions, obviously.

:patriot:

10. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

All very true. The zero tolerance PC crap that further victimizes those who stand up for themselves just compounds the problems. Instead of strengthening character it weakens kids, and society in general. I don't see any reversal of policy coming, either.

11. AngryPanda

AngryPanda Is he a troll?

Stop being a ****ing weirdo and maybe you won't get bullied. Or, continue being a ****ing weirdo but learn how to fight. Simple really.

12. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

I agree with other posters that bullying builds character, and teaches kids about the hard truths in life. But in todays world it's no longer fist fights after school. When guns and knives are getting involved, it's not bullying but assault with a deadly weapon and should be treated a such.

13. JLA

JLA

The bully needs a beatdown. If you lose...well at least the bully may respect you and not want another fight with you.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Simple. Teach your kid how to defend themselves. Instill in them that might doesn't make right. Just because someone is the underdog, doesn't mean they have less value as a human being. Finally, punish the perpetrators. You are actually doing them a favor. If they think it is okay to hurt other people because they feel like it, they will be the excons of tomorrow.

15. John_NJ

John_NJ

This anti bully stuff is just another avenue the liberal thinking establishment is using to take boys (future men) and demasculate them into passive, compliant, little robots.

They can never win at sports (everyone wins now), they are pumped full of mood alternating drugs, and on top of that they are encouraged to be gay.

Think about it. Kids pick on each other, that's happened since the dawn of mankind. But now the message to them is to get the school involved (the form of government kids have the most contact with) and let them solve the problems for you. Letting government solve your problems - take a guess who advocates that?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Waaah!:crying::crying:

I don't think we should stop bullying - it's part of growing up and learning to take care of yourself. "Extremely violent nerds" are less of a problem than raising all kids to be sissies - over-sheltering is more like the problem with these bullied kids who freak out already.

Bullying is a lot like drill sergeants being mean to privates - it looks bad and scary and unnecessary to soccer moms and sissies, but it serves a very valuable purpose.

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Like you said, that's not "bullying." It is a liberal tactic to make people blur really bad things in with ordinary things they want controlled - take everything from telling somebody what you think about them, to drug gang drive-buys and label it all "bullying" and it makes it easy to pass the BS PC laws the hippies want placed on schools.

18. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

I think parents need to stop trying to convince children that everything is fine, everyone is equal, there is no evil in the world, blah blah blah

Also wouldn't hurt to bring back the old-fashioned a**-whoopin' when they get out of line.

Kids these days have absolutely no respect. Its quite sad.

19. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

From a strictly evolutionary standpoint, bullying is nothing more than the assertion of the Alpha personality. The bully in one group will be himself bullied in a different group. Here's my solution:
    1. Take the worst bullies from schools and put them in their own school for bullies.
    2. Take the worst of those bullies and put them in their own bad bully school.
    3. Take the worst of those bullies and put them in prison; they'll probably never learn how to live peaceably in a civilized society.

20. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

No penalyies for a bully getting their ass whooped would be fine by me.
    Every school needs a Golem.