close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you think of HK pistols?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mtho, Oct 18, 2006.

1. mtho

mtho

Heard that HK pistols would be available soon. hope it'll be competitively priced like a few years back when glocks, walthers and Hk are almost the same price.

what do you think of the model p2000? whould this be good for carry and competition? which caliber would be best?

2. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

From my friends who do have HK's, they're ok handguns, but parts are scarce, so are accessories (some tactical lights don't fit because you have to clamp the light on the rail, not slide it on like a Glock), and only SOE and Stronghand have holsters for it. Spare magazines are expensive as sin...

Then again all these complaints could disappear if the dealer brings in a lot of stuff as well.

I

3. Sweater

Sweater

I only have one HK, Tactical USP 45,i had put 200 rounds without any glitz.It is very accurate, the recoil is mild compare to a regular 1911 45acp that i own,the trigger is nice and crisp,the safety are just like the 1911s, plus i have #12rounds on my disposal.This is the piece that i put near me before i go to bed .Compare to Glocks it is a step above,(i still love my Glocks #19,#22 and #34),and as far as the tactical lights, adapters are available. The disadvantages-- PRICE, Availability of parts .STAY SAFE FRIENDS.

4. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

As you can expect from German engineering, the HK's are very good handguns. They don't easily break like the Glocks but unlike the latter HK parts are difficult to find. If you do find parts for the HK, they are quite expensive.

Back in the latter part of the 90's, Tri-mark Ventures used to distribute them at prices you wouldn't believe (got my HK USP for only P 26,000 in 1998 versus today's P65,000-P70,000 price range). They sell the magazines at P 2,000-P2,500. After some anomalous activities, Tri-mark closed down and enter Nashe. The price suddenly skyrocketed.

I just love the 90's. Tri-mark even offered me an HK MP5 for only P 75,000 at that time. I should have taken 3 of those. PTC's were also cheaper then (P2,000 legal and P 4,000 if you pay the commissioners).:sad:

5. bulm540

bulm540

I tried a friend's .40 cal. They recoil like a pogo stick.

6. amd4me

amd4me Coffee Snob

Glocks dont break easily and I would take one to the end of the earth with me.
    But as said beofre HK's are a "finer" pistol.
    Sort of the difference between a Toyota and a Mercedes.
    Sure the Toyota may be slightly more rugged, but which would you rather have?

7. KevlarSix

KevlarSix Senior Member

USPs are hard to carry concealed as they are beefy. However, the HKP2000 has a smaller profile so easier to carry concealed. By the way, I'm looking for one

8. pipo

pipo

aside from being expensive????????:)

9. mtho

mtho

I remember that time when they hire models to man their booth during gunshows,I also had a usp reserved but my unit didn't come, sayang nga. anyway balita ko magkakaroon nga ng p2000 soon and since hindi galing sa nashe baka mag mura. I think back then glocks were going for 25,000. so sana almost the price lang ng glocks ngayon

10. porac

porac

Hey guys,

I've been an avid reader here on BOG and finally been able to post after waiting for my account to get active. Anyways I do have an HK USP Elite 45. The barell is about an inch longer than the standard USP 45. Very accurate and reliable, but a bit bulky to handle if you have small hands.

I did have a USP 45 in the Philippines, but due to a bad reload the gun blew up on my uncles hand. Luckily he did not get hurt, but the upper receiver was totalled.

Here is my ELITE:

[​IMG]

11. Wp.22

Wp.22

i had one before but i sold it to fellow Bog. my only issue with this gun is it is hard t conceal because of the size. BTW it is s USP 9mm fullsize.

12. G19cPH

G19cPH

Reliable pistol and expensive....:)

13. revo

revo

I have an H&K USP in 45 ACP.

This is a Glock board but sorry, I feel that the USP is simply a superior design.

It is my most accurate out-of-the box pistol. The only semi-auto pistol that I have that is more accurate is a Tussey customized Colt 1911 Series 70. My most accurate pistol is a S&W 686 revolver in .357 Magnum.

I have quite a few Glocks but they are not as accurate out-of-the box as an H&K USP. Also you can shoot lead all you like with the H&K factory barrel. With Glocks, you have to switch to an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead.

I know it's a bit more expensive that Glocks but, man, you will not be sorry.

The difference is like between a Toyota and a Lexus.

14. amd4me

amd4me Coffee Snob

That is not true, I am afraid you are misinformed.
    You can shoot lead all day long though your GLOCK.
    It just takes some extra scrubbing afterwards:thumbsup:

15. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

I have a ptooma book with a lead removal recipe which involves peroxide and ammonia, cleans the lead out so quickly! No brushing required, just run a patch through it a few times...the lead falls out in lines - the rifling of the barrel!

PLEASE NOTE: the peroxide/ammonia mix only works with GLOCKS. DON'T USE THIS WITH OTHER GUN BARRELS, IT CAN DAMAGE THEM! ONLY THE TENIFER FINISH CAN HOLD UP TO THE MIXTURE!

16. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

The reason people don't shoot lead through their glocks is because of the barrel's polygonal rifling, leads too easily, which HK also has. Does the HK barrel have leading problems?

17. vega

vega

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/index.jsp?loc=101&SITEID=A&PartNumber=704501
    Scroll down to FEATURES, second sentence
    Why is it that you can't shoot lead with Glock??? Don't tell me because of polygonal barrel. There's got to be another reason otherwise you can't shoot lead with your H&K too. No offense meant but like amd4me said, you're misinformed.

18. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Actually sir vega, it is the polygonal rifling of the barrels which make shooting lead a violation of the pistol's warranty. The polygonal barrel actually reshapes the bullet as it travels through it. If your bullet is a ball/FMJ/TMJ there's no problem, the shed off metal from the bullet is minimal, but since lead is soft, it shears off readily and builds up near the end of the barrel. Use enough lead and you can have a KB sooner or later. (Information from the PTOOMA book and Bien, a certified Glock Armorer)

My dad fires hard cast lead through his G26...and it has gone through around 12rds in 10 years. Not malfunctions so far since he meticulously cleans the unit after every 50-100 rds of lead. When we found the lead removal recipe, cleaning it became even easier.

You can fire lead through Glocks, but this is clearly not recommended by the manufacturer. (Or in my case, the dealer here in the Philippines)

19. vega

vega

Kaizer - I know, actually I'm asking revo if he knows what he posted. I used thousands of lead bullets back there and we invented the special tool required to clean the stubborn leading. Actually not me but my friend.

OK, let's get this straight, please tell us what page in the manual that states that you can't shoot lead in your Glock? Unless there is a new manual out there then I need to call Smyrna to get a new copy. I had that impression too until someone corrected me.

ETA - Read what Paul posted, I'm sure he's scratching his crotch too thinking what the heck revo meant to say.

20. chocoboy

chocoboy

Si Bien from SOE is a licensed Glock Armorer? Puwde magpagawa ng Glock sa kanya? I thought he just sell knives and stuffs? May pagagawa san kasi yung frnd ko sa glock nya. By d way, what do you mean by Licensed? San galing yung license? Didnt know there's such a thing as licensed armorer? :shocked: