close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you think debate #2 will be like?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Drjones, Oct 6, 2012.

1. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Really? .....Then Just stay home "Ignore them "Both"...lock your doors and "hope" for the best...If your lucky you wont get `the one` back that just gave you / (our country) the last 4 years `he worked so hard to give us.....

Freedom dont come free....An American should stay informed....And at least `vote` with Knowledge gained through search and love of country.

Good Luck

2. frank4570

frank4570

Yo DO realize you are voting for an anti-2nd amendment guy/party right?

I'm voting for romney, but I do understand that I am voting for a guy who believes that government control is better than the constitution.

3. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

Yeah, believe it or not, you arent the only one smart enough to read about Romneys past. I know all about him. I knew all about him last time when he tried to run in the primary. I knew when McCain lost we would have Romney this time. Thats how the "Good ol' boys club" of the Republican party works. Its Romneys turn now.

Saying all that, he is still the best hope we have. Being an intelligent conservative I know that I have to vote for the best candidate that stands a chance of winning. So, Romney it is.

4. Harper

Harper

That's what I'm doing.

5. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Get this, the University of Wisconsin students felt that it was unfair the Obama wasn't allowed to use a teleprompter.

Obamas handlers are hamstrung. The nature of debates do not allow for him to be prepackaged, like another campaign stop or televised address. He will default to hustling off vague visions of redistributionits' utopia, with no specific plans. His native true self is a Blacktivist preacher. Being a Ivy Leaguer, he believed all he had to do is show up to win.

Smoking all that Chronic was no help either.

6. Bruce H

Bruce H

How about a nice man made national security disaster that will keep Obama from the next two debates. Wouldn't surprise me at all. He can't win so why show up.

7. Paul53

Paul53 Scream catcher

My thought on the first was that the GOP was so public about giving Romney "zingers," that Obama just didn't give him a chance to use any. He let Romney go full speed ahead, and in the next 2 he'll point out Romney's errors.

8. Harper

Harper

I've thought it's possible he was sandbagging by not giving Romney much to work with and plot over; then hoping to make a good show at the end... you know something about a tortoise and a hare.

9. Jay9928

Jay9928 I laugh at liberals.

The 16th and 22nd.

10. Catswold

Catswold God rules all!

I'm not certain it matters who wins the subsequent debates though I predict Romney will do so.

The American people have had enough of President Obama and are generally ready to dump him, they've just been waiting for someone to convince them that there's a real, safe alternative. It's been that way probably since the first budget debacle back in the summer of last year, certainly since last spring.

Romney's problem has been that he hasn't made the sale that HE is the that alternative. In Wednesday night's debate he made that sale. He proved to 67 million viewers that he was smart, compassionate, enthusiastic, competent, and more than able to step in and be successful.

I believe at that point, Romney won the election. Short of some really astounding occurrence, Obama is TOAST.

11. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

The format of the second debate appears set up to make Obozo look better. Far left "journalist" Candy Crowley will be the moderator. Questions will be picked out of an audience of "undecided" voters selected by Gallup. I expect Romney will still do better than Obozo because he's smarter and can tell the truth about his intentions. Still, look for the media to claim Obozo won even if those who actually watched it saw a different debate.

12. HexHead

HexHead

The next debate will be a town hall style affair at Hofstra University on Long Island, where the questions will come from the audience. Expect it to favor 0bama with the questions coming from leftists and college students. I expect the questions to basically be a round up of all the 0bama attack ads against Romney.

13. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Romney's crew agreed to all the debates and the formats. He will be ready. Don't forget that Obama has shown he does not do well when he has to talk for himself, think on his feet and can't read a prepared speech.

14. SLO1911Fan

SLO1911Fan

Obama will probably win the next one. Romney will be better prepared, but it will be geared to Obama and he will be better prepared for it. I think Romney will win the third one. But after an 8-12 point change Obama will prepare and rig the next one. I just hope they can get a better moderator who doesn't let Obama walk all over him.

15. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

I'm not the first to say this. And I hear ya, truly. I don't blame you a bit for standing on principle with this. But in the end, you can vote for a s___ sandwich, or a s___ sandwich with lots of ketchup. You can pick something else from the menu, or even not choose at all, but you're still getting one of those two. So, what'll it be?

16. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

If you don't vote....you support this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio"]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

A voter I bet and the future of America! Can you hear me now?!!!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  17. Averageman

Averageman

Mitt is up 9% with Women voters celebrities are comming out in favor of him and the tide is begining to turn. Even the MSM seems to be aware that the Obama Dog don't hunt.
    Mitt left the debate with enough issues left on the table to give Barry another verbal beat down. If he goes ugly early and tries to become to "tough" on Romney look for something like
    Fast and Furious
    The Economy
    Gas Prices,..$5.00 + gallon in Cali
    The embassy in Libya asking for more security before our Abassador and security were killed
    Mitt left all of that on the table and it will all work against Obama. As soon as he opens his mouth he is very likely to get one of these issues thrown back at him and again he wont make eye contact and wont have a teleprompter and again will look like the loser.
    Anxiously looking forward to Ryan making hay of Biden Thursday.

18. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit

Wasn't it these town hall formats where we got such great questions like pearls or diamonds & boxers or briefs? Then it turned out some producers provided the questions. I bet one question will be "Mr. Romney why does a loser like yourself believe you can do better than the god like Pres. master of all obama?"

19. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

Obama is beginning to see that his long line of BS is losing interest with our people. Fool me once....shame on you. Fool me twice....shame on me.

The next debate is between Ryan and Biden. Biden is a hothead and a loose cannon. I hope Ryan pushes him over the edge so he loses his cool.

Flash

20. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I wonder if they will be able to review the questions in advance. Even with the Town Hall format, its all pre-screened. I think that is what got Obama last time. He is good at reading pre-written stuff but he stinks at thinking on his toes.

This next one is on Foriegn Affairs, and I think Obama "should" have an edge since he is the sitting president, but Romney may impress us again.

The VP debate I am going to block out that night and sit and watch it with beer and chips. With Biden's loose lips and crazy brain, its going to be a train wreck.