Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
14,820 Posts
I do it on my property, but CC everywhere else.

It's not that I give a rats ass what some liberal thinks. I just don't want to give any of them an excuse to share their opinions with me.

And also what Cowpokey said.

·
Registered
705 Posts
pros - don't need to dress around your gun or have anything shoved down your pants and the accompanying hassle and discomfort. also should be a much quicker draw.

cons - perhaps give away any tactical advantage/element of surprise. i don't really buy this as i don't think potential bank robbers or store robbers etc go around scanning everyone's waists before announcing their intent. same concept re any potential gun grabber, if they happen to see it maybe they will make a grab at it.

living in VA with both open and concealed carry, i generally conceal but don't worry too much if i might print or my jacket or shirt gets dislodged.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
11,951 Posts
I have open carried maybe once or twice. It's just not my thing. I have seen folks open carry around here now and then.

Reactions: Glockworks

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do it on my property, but CC everywhere else.

It's not that I give a rats ass what some liberal thinks. I just don't want to give any of them an excuse to share their opinions with me.

And also what Cowpokey said.
I never open carry. But never thought about people bothering you if one choses to open carry.

Do those that do open carry get hassled by the libs?

What would they have to say about it? If it is legal none of their biz.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pros - don't need to dress around your gun or have anything shoved down your pants and the accompanying hassle and discomfort. also should be a much quicker draw.

cons - perhaps give away any tactical advantage/element of surprise. i don't really buy this as i don't think potential bank robbers or store robbers etc go around scanning everyone's waists before announcing their intent. same concept re any potential gun grabber, if they happen to see it maybe they will make a grab at it.

living in VA with both open and concealed carry, i generally conceal but don't worry too much if i might print or my jacket or shirt gets dislodged.
Comfort is a big deal to me. I just put my snub in my hoody pocket or cargo pants, no holster, no lint hassle. If the world goes to hell, then maybe will have to carry the G19 or G17, but prefer to be comfortable if at all possible.

I've read some online people that carry 17 or 18 rounds in the gun plus 1 or 2 mags. They must be preparing for WWIII.

1 - 20 of 841 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.