Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you normally fly?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Saab 340

I'd rather screw my way across the country (region) than blow my way across. ;)

Sorry, had to say that for the jet guys.

·
NRA Member
3,238 Posts
Beechcraft Bonanza

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm a renter so I'll fly whatever I can afford that meets my mission. This could be a T-tailed Lance II, a Turbo Arrow III or a Warrior II. These days I usually tool around in the Warrior as it is the cheapest of the lot for me to rent, $99.00/hr wet.

I trained in a Cessna 172M and N but now I don't really care for the Cessna's any more; I'm a low wing guy these days.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd rather screw my way across the country (region) than blow my way across. ;)

Just remember, it's only gay if you're in port!:tongueout:

not that there's anything wrong with that!

·
Glocker
47 Posts
Warrior III or a Cub Crafters Top Cub on floats, but I'm getting pt. 141 standardized in a C172S next week

·
NRA4EVR
11,658 Posts
Personal: 1976 172M with 180 horse engine.

At work (unfortunately not yet a full-time gig): 1977 172N with "Sheriff" in big letters under the wing.

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
1) RV-4 180hp <Pilot's acft, if ever.>
2) Beech C-90

Occasionally: Pitts S2B, Decathlon,

Rarely: PT23, PT13 (The PT23 handles like a dream, the PT13 is everything else.:supergrin: )

·
Pistolero
6,150 Posts
cessna 172

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Then -

And now -

Motorcycling is flying on a budget -

:wavey:

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
OJ, you have skis for the Cub and chains for that Beemer??:cool:

(Neat pair of movers!)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Cessna 421C Golden Eagle III

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
OJ, you have skis for the Cub and chains for that Beemer??:cool:

(Neat pair of movers!)
Skyhook - thanks for noticing - no skis or chains but

1. I did fly the Cub into San Francisco International once and I think it took them a week to recover. Was initially put in a holding pattern at an intersection while descending and told to expect 35 minutes delay to approach - just started around the four minute oval the third time and I was cleared to land - guess I convinced them I wasn't totally a hick from the sticks. Held the requested 120 knots on final to accomodate a twin behind me (the Cub would do that going downhill) - cut the power at the threshold, and exited at the first taxiway (Cub's so "dirty" aeordynamically it was no trick). Ground control coulddn't figure out where I was. Did more landings in hay fields, though and two turn spins (once required for commercial license test - got mine some four decades ago) were as much fun as one can have with clothes on.

2. No chains on Beemer but have ridden in snowstorms - not on purpose though - I was "featured" in local Beemer riders monthly paper for that (they thought it was the first time that ever happened to me). My dirt bike riding paid off that day. I can now say I haven't ridden my Beeemer since I was 81 (110 miles today) as I'll be 82 tomorrow. Hard to believe I'm 50 years older than my Beemer. I'd say my longevity comes from living a clean life but, there are some here who know me and I'd rather retain credibility - :upeyes:

:wavey:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts