close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you guys think about a pass it forward trade thread?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by speedsix, Jan 26, 2011.

1. speedsix

speedsix

I was thinking along the lines of the free pass it forward but people could ask for specific small or inexpensive items they need in exchange for passing along items they have no use of anymore.

Here is an example of what a post might look like:

Wanted:
    1. Grip screw for S&W J-frame wood grips.
    2. Uncle Mikes S&W J-frame take offs (new style)
    3. Hogue rubber grip for S&W K-frame square butt.

Willing to trade or pass along:
    1. Albanian Bolt carrier for Albanian SKS
    2. Brass for reloading, .40 S&W
    3. Butler Creek S&W K-frame round butt rubber grips
    4. Pachmayer rubber grips for S&W K-frame sq butt
    5. Allen 9rd rifle cartridge holder. Slip on buttstock.

Then, when someone comes along and has an item that I need, they can pick from the list of items I am offering. Or, it could be a communal sort of swap meet where everyone puts their want lists and give-a-way lists up and a person can pick from any list and give to any person.

Those are actual items I am looking for and willing to give away in trade for them. I have more and think it would be an easy way to find those items we need and get rid of the stuff we don't.

The only problem would be people who try to abuse the system and try to take as much as they can without passing anything along. Or someone offering junk for other people's good items that are worth something.

What do you guys think? We should talk it over and see if it can work. I am not sure if this is the right forum for it but it is in the spirit of the free pass-it-forward only you may be able to get something you have been looking for but it was not worth buying or not for sale.

2. jsnake

jsnake

The idea is a great one. But, you are right, a couple of ne'r do wells will spoil it for the rest of us. I have some things for trade/pass forward as well.
    Joe

3. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

So, this, but a slightly different format?

I think people do what you've described sometimes anyway... it's just a matter of whether other users follow up on what you've requested. I've just posted stuff in there that I no longer needed & didn't feel like selling, and it was scooped up. Maybe one day there'll be something in there I need.

Oh... just thought of something. An AR stock wrench. Hm.

4. speedsix

speedsix

Exactly but instead of hoping that someday someone has that one little weird item you are looking for, you can ask for it and have a list of stuff that you are willing to trade for it.

The idea is there may be three different people that may trade in all directions. For example, I am looking for the J-frame grips I mentioned, I can take them from person A and pass something along to person B as long as person A gets something on his want list.

I don't know if it will work that way so we could just have a huge trade thread but limit the trade value to small and inexpensive items. That way people don't list everything that they own or list $1000 guns.

Basically a my junk for your junk trade thread. I know I have plenty of good stuff to trade for stuff I need. When someone lists something they are looking for, it jogs your memory and you can send it to them. You don't have to get something in return if you don't need/want anything.

The free pass it forward thread is basically stuff people want to give away where this thread would be stuff people are looking for. This would be a reverse of the other thread but people still have to pass stuff along. This way, you can ask for something you need instead of just waiting for someone to come along with something you want.

5. M1AG30

M1AG30

sounds like a good idea cant hurt

6. Realfire

Realfire

Your Idea could work and I think is a good one, Hell everyone's got stuff that they're hording and will probably never use . But if we notice someone doing all the taking and none of the giving we will have to give them wake up call !! :director: :dunno: