Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: NMG26

·
Registered
4,342 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
29,348 Posts
Two happiest days in a boat owners life.

·
JAFO
14,144 Posts
Get a couple cans of that Flex-seal and you could make your own. :dunno:

·
Registered
20,960 Posts
These boats are very popular in the lakes and ponds and many accessories including wheel kits that can be mounted right to the boat. They are considered very stable and unsinkable because of the 2 pontoons on each side of the boat. 100s of YouTube videos on this very boat and the few other brands just like it. One of the similar boats has a cupped area under the hull and suctions itself with water tension to the surface of the water. It is amazingly stable. It has an actual valve you have to release to get it to let go from the water. The Pelican brand is the most popular but Sun Dolphin is right behind it. Another cool feature that is becoming popular is boats like this that have a hole in the middle of them where you mount a special electric motor.

https://freedomelectricmarine.com/blog/2012/09/twin-troller-x10-introduction/

/

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those are great little boats. Years ago my son and I fished out of one a lot. The last several years, my grandson and I have been using one.
Not tippy at all! Very stable. At a private pond I have access to, there's one of these, plus a couple of Gheenoes. These are MUCH more stable than a Gheenoe.
Of course, not made for big water.

·
Native Mainiac
23,882 Posts
These boats are very popular in the lakes and ponds and many accessories including wheel kits that can be mounted right to the boat. They are considered very stable and unsinkable because of the 2 pontoons on each side of the boat. 100s of YouTube videos on this very boat and the few other brands just like it. One of the similar boats has a cupped area under the hull and suctions itself with water tension to the surface of the water. It is amazingly stable. It has an actual valve you have to release to get it to let go from the water. The Pelican brand is the most popular but Sun Dolphin is right behind it. Another cool feature that is becoming popular is boats like this that have a hole in the middle of them where you mount a special electric motor.

/
Well, then by all means get one. I would never go on the water on one though. Not for the fear of drowning, but rather dying of embarrassment if anybody I know saw me.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

IMHO better option $839 but you can find a good used Jon boat for less if you look.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/alumacraft-12-flat-bottom-jon-boat#repChildCatid=161554
Definitely go used. May take a while for something to pop up you want but you will get much more for your money. I have friends that have bought boats at give away prices. When the seller sits on it awhile, they are ready to let it go.

I talked one time to my father in law about buying a boat. Advise he gave was everytime you want to go fishing, go down to the river and throw $50 in.

Bought a boat, had a lot of fun then got bored with it all. Did'nt take long to sell it.

·
Premium Member
6,415 Posts
I see a lot of them upside down near the water on lakes. I have yet to see them on the water.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts