GlockTalk Forum banner

201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I have a sweet spot for wagens. I wish VW would have dropped the GTi engine in there and sold it but they never did. Not many wagon or hatchback options that also have a fun factor for the IS market. They all want those SUVs or Crossovers

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I wish they had brought the AWD models over to the states before they got rid of the diesels. I love my 2010 Sportwagen TDI. (but then, I also regularly tow a 5x8 enclosed trailer weighing more than 2k lbs with it for work. 30mpg with the trailer, but a lot of front wheel slippage in wet weather, or dry if I'm in a hurry)

·
A swamp dude
10,928 Posts
I truly love my 2019 Toyota Sequoia that I've driven only 4700 miles since new.

Regular cars seem strangely low to the ground since I became a SUV guy about 20 years ago. Sitting high provides great visibility and somehow just seems safer. Toyota trucks are stoutly built and decent looking, so what's not to love (well, except the miserable mpg). 4WD is great for Midwest snow and the V-8 makes easy work of pulling a boat anywhere. I never venture off-road, but I can if I wanna!

Toyota builds good stuff, and my Sequoia was assembled in Kentucky.

·
21,336 Posts
I truly love my 2019 Toyota Sequoia that I've driven only 4700 miles since new.

Regular cars seem strangely low to the ground since I became a SUV guy about 20 years ago. Sitting high provides great visibility and somehow just seems safer. Toyota trucks are stoutly built and decent looking, so what's not to love (well, except the miserable mpg). 4WD is great for Midwest snow and the V-8 makes easy work of pulling a boat anywhere. I never venture off-road, but I can if I wanna!

Toyota builds good stuff, and my Sequoia was assembled in Kentucky.
My 2008 says hello to the youngin :fred:
28C3E63E-3F4C-408A-92AE-88502AD040FA.jpeg

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I think the sequia is an awesome vehicle. When we were suv shopping I wanted my wife to look at one but with our budget they were not new enugh for her so we ended up with the expedition. Perfectly happy with the short bus but Toyotas have a much nicer interior build quality. The Ecoboost puts out decent power and gets 22+ on long trips so that's a plus and once I talk the boss into it I'll have about 450hp with just a tune! So that will make it a lot more fun!

·
21,336 Posts
I think the sequia is an awesome vehicle. When we were suv shopping I wanted my wife to look at one but with our budget they were not new enugh for her so we ended up with the expedition. Perfectly happy with the short bus but Toyotas have a much nicer interior build quality. The Ecoboost puts out decent power and gets 22+ on long trips so that's a plus and once I talk the boss into it I'll have about 450hp with just a tune! So that will make it a lot more fun!
I average 13mpg in town and maybe 17mpg on long trips. Toyota has been a bit lazy when it comes to that since this vehicle was introduced back in 2008.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yea, an AWD wagon TDI would be nice.

I wish they had brought the AWD models over to the states before they got rid of the diesels. I love my 2010 Sportwagen TDI. (but then, I also regularly tow a 5x8 enclosed trailer weighing more than 2k lbs with it for work. 30mpg with the trailer, but a lot of front wheel slippage in wet weather, or dry if I'm in a hurry)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I was driving a Nissan Frontier crew cab 4X4. I loved that truck but it got a leak in a weld seem above the passenger door and the computer was screwy. I would come down stairs in the morning and be getting ready to leave and check my phone and it would say I was driving, WTH! I would go out and look and the radio would be playing like I was driving. Sometimes I would turn the truck off and take the key out and the dashboard would light up like a blinking Christmas tree flickering. I would put the key in start it and it would stop. I take it out and same thing or nothing, no rhyme or reason. I videoed it with my phone and took it to the dealership and they were clueless. My wife named the truck Christine and said she was a temperamental bit&h! I applied clear silicone sealant to the leak area and it stopped but the electronic issue kept popping up time and again so we had to part ways.

I was also having trouble getting into the Frontier but needed something with AWD or 4X4 so I bought a Ford Flex AWD and have been pleasantly surprised with it. It rides great, plenty of room and power and same gas mileage as the Frontier and it's easy to get in and out of.

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
I drove the wifes new Ford Escape for the first time yesterday.
It drives nice and has less road noise than here Toyota did.
They don't call it a self driving car, but if turn on the cruise control it will stay centered in its lane even on curves with no hands on the wheel, while telling you to put your hands back on the wheel.

She got the Titanium so it has far too many features and gadgets for my tastes, but she's happy so I am too.

I just really want a simple pickup with a bench seat and widows with hand cranks.
Give me my old 69 F100 with a modern fuel injected engine and real brakes and I would be thrilled!

201 - 220 of 229 Posts