Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought it may be fun.
I’ll start.
I have 2, because I have two boys driving and having an extra vehicle allows for wrecks or repairs.
They both drive Camry’s.
In 2018 we purchased a new Civic. I was a high school football coach and the oldest two boys were playing, mom and the youngest would be driving to the away games and I wanted them to be in something reliable that got good MPG.
Fast forward to this past summer and she decided she wanted an SUV so I inherited the Civic.
I also drive an ‘89 Jeep. I love my Jeep, IMO it’s the perfect vehicle for me.
In the winter, with the right tires (ask me how I know), it’s a little snowmobile.
When spring comes around the hardtop comes off and it’s a convertible that’ll go anywhere (hunting/fishing).
It’s going to rain or it’s 100°, drive the Civic and get 42 MPG.
The one that gets me is the guys (and some girls, hey it’s KY) that drive a big 4x4 daily and honestly need a truck (let alone a 4x4) a couple of times a year, meanwhile they’re getting 12 MPG the other 360 days.
Why do you drive what you drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nitesit(+ an e)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I drive a 2019 Honda Pilot. I had small sports cars all my life, but now I need a larger car to haul a couple German Shepherds around. The Pilot has the features I wanted and was the best value at that time.

Reactions: Redeemed

·
Daca is caca
3,930 Posts
A company truck.
Because save $

·
M62/76
12,943 Posts
I’m a 4Runner guy. I’ve been driving my 2006 SR5 since late 2013. Currently has 160k on it and will likely drive it another five years or so then get another one. 4WD, with enough size and towing capacity to do what I want w/o driving one of those mega SUVs.

Reactions: Sharkey and Cambo

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
God awful 2018 Chevy 2500 van. Company vehicle. Doesn't cost me a dime and somebody else fixes it at no cost to me when it breaks... which is frequent.

Reactions: Teecher45

·
Anti-Federalist
24,267 Posts
Honda CR-V
MX5 RF GT

One for hauling dive gear and pulling a trailer and one for every day fun.

Reactions: B C

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
2013 Acura TSX - reliable, good enough performance, good looking, comfortable.

The only better car I've owned was a 2006 Acura TSX that was smaller, lighter, handled better, and had a 6 speed stick shift.

·
NRA Life Member
68,293 Posts
I have a Camry. I haven't driven a car since about 1994, only SUVs and trucks, but the Camrys my office has are great cars and I liked driving them and my Nissan Titan was 16 years old, so I traded it in and got my first Toyota. 30+ MPG, instead of 15-16, is pretty nice right now.

Reactions: Teecher45

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
2016 Acura ILX, It has a 2.4L 201HP engine, mated to a 8 spd tranny with paddle shifters,
sensible, fun to drive, decent gas mileage (my commute is +90 miles everyday).
In addition like most of the Honda products I have owned, utterly reliable.

·
Registered
298 Posts
2013 Ford F-250 Super Duty with 170,000 miles - single cab with rubber for carpet - roll up windows - and 8ft bed to haul cattle stuff. Because at 62, I can and all I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,800 Posts
2020 Subaru Forester and or a 2021 Volkswagen Atlas. the Foresters mine Atlas is the wives car. I like it because it did the 2 things i wanted in what ever my next vehicle would do. get a minimum of 28-30 MPG highway(gets 34-36 on non hilly terrain) has a reliable AWD system for those times we get snow and or weather here in the NE USA..and for light off road to get to a few fishing spots that i go to that a car(typical sedan) would bottom out on or if wet/muddy get stuck in/on.

I will admit after owning the Forester for over a year now that I love it..I also wish id really have considered a Tacoma or Ranger as ive ran across several times lately that id have loved a trucks bed just for the pure utility..the MPG sucks on them compared to the Forester but..the utility would almost set that off.

That also said I just paid off the Forester also so 2020 with no payments is also nice...Id not have been able to do that with the Tacoma as it cost more to begin with..almost 10K more

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have a couple vehicles, one I got after my son started driving, I don't need 2 vehicles but they have different uses.

I have a 2019 Chevy Silverado Custom that I got for purely utilitarian purposes. Bare bones, 4x4, V6, couble cab, plenty of nut to pull a modest trailer, so-so fuel economy, drives nice. If only GM would fix their buggy infotainment software it would be a great truck. It has come in handy more times than I can count.

My son used to commandeer the truck for Police Explorer meetings and events, so I leased a 2020 Kia Forte GT Manual for a commuter vehicle. I wanted the manual for the fun of it. One year into the lease and it has been an absolutely fantastic car. Fun to drive, good power, reliable, excellent fuel economy even with sporty driving. Only complaints are road noise and the seats are a bit hard, but not uncomfortable. I might buy out the lease at the end, but if I keep only one vehicle it would be a truck.

·
Native Mainiac
26,356 Posts
2013 GMC Sierra 1500.
Need the truck and 4 wheel drive to plow the road in the winter and tow the boat, lug the 4-wheeler and firewood around.

I was thinking of getting a beater Subaru or something to use when I don't need the truck...but prices of used cars in an condition is stooopid around here the past year.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts