Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone here carry in their pockets on their turn out gear and which pockets?

The most common things that I have seen so far are

1. Linesman's pliers
2. Backup flashlight
3. Knife/seatbelt cutter
4. Combo tool, ie glass breaker/seatbelt cutter

I am new at this and wanted to take advantage of the experience here.

Thanks

·
IAFF Local 4766
2,630 Posts
I carry some powder free exam gloves, a folding pocket spanner wrench and my nomex hood still in it factory package.:whistling:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Right front pocket: CRKT M16-13M folding knife (clipped to pocket edge) and cell phone.

Left front pocket: Surefire E2e (clipped to pocket edge) Uncle Henry pocket knife and keys.

Right rear pocket: Wallet

Left rear pocket: Hanky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right pants: Linesmans pliers, utility/extrication gloves
Left pants: Reflective vest, folding knife, screwdriver, and a couple med. gloves.

Right coat: 12' of webbing tied in a loop.

I used to carry other stuff - personal rope, some other tools... but I decided it wasn't worth the weight/bulk.

I'll eventually get a folding spanner wrench, they can def. be useful.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Right pocket: Tubular webbing that has a carabiner sewn in it I got from a RIT class, about 25ft. of Cord, A spare carabiner, And a strap that looks like a pair of handcuffs made out of tubular webbing.
Left pocket: 4-way screwdriver, trauma shears, 2 folding spanners, Large vise grips, needle nose vise grips, a few door chocks and leather work gloves
I carry all of this in Cordura nylon pouches I made. Similar to the ones sold by the firestore.com
On my coat I have a pelican C-cell light, and wire cutters in my radio pocket with 550 cord tied to them, which is tied to the mic strap on the jacket. I tied the cord on there incase I dropped the cutters, I stll have them attached to me and not lost on the ground.
Coat pockets contain eye protection and a couple packs of earplugs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Am I the ONLY medic who carries an emesis(puke) bag with him???
well that AND gloves(exam and Hatch) flash light, trauma shears, N95 respirator (Y'all havent had the thrill of an acute respiratory outbreak....YET!) and some 4X4's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In the bunkers:

In the pants:

Fire Gloves, Work Gloves, Tool bag (channel locks, pliers, wire nuts, electrical tape, cresent wrench, volt meter, allen wrench set, screwdrivers), webbing (50ft), 4 light weight, d-ring *******, window punch, rescue wrench
. I also have a Gerber multitool on my belt.

In the coat,

Extra streamlight stinger, hose chain, hood, spare hood (nothing like going to another fire with a wet hood), latex gloves (changed every shift), $20 (buying slurpies after a good late night rollover/fire), Spyderco rescue JR.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In the Bunker Pants: 50 feet of self rescue rope with Carabiner, 25 feet of Webbing, Folding Spanner Wrench

In the Jacket: Linesmans Pliers, Leatherman, Rescue Gloves, Mini SlimJim, Allen Wrench Set, Mini Pry bar, Pen & Paper, FAE Cheat Sheets

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Bunker pants in left side pocket is nomex hood and a couple small door wedges, and right side pocket are fireman's gloves. I always have a leatherman with me so I don't keep one in my gear. In my POV is a Streamlight Survivor handlight mounted in a charger (provided by FD).

·
Registered
107 Posts
19 years on truck co's , Lt for 4 .

right coat pocket, things to cut me free.One CRKT M-16 , wire cutters.
left coat pocket,things to get into things. small stanly pry bar , shove knife.

oh and all truckers should carry wedges and a 3 into 2 wall plug thing .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't like carrying a whole lot so all I have is in my left pocket a pain of Protech 8 fire gloves. (Most comfortable and best tactile response i've ever had) and a couple pair med gloves and in the left a pair of side cutters and on the right side of my suspenders a leatherman

·
Registered
26 Posts
[email protected]#K all beyond a knife and some cash(for my lunch)! I do however have a shoulder bag that contains all sorts of **** form bigger knives and lines to dog food, passport, etc. All req'd RX, and equipment are contained in bags routinely carried. If you crash, you're likey dead anyways!

·
Stiffy
7,711 Posts
Right thigh pocket, 3 prs. exam gloves
Left thigh pocket, 2" tape, trauma shears,seat belt cutter, window punch
Right coat pocket, leatherman multi-tool

·
Banned
10,620 Posts
3rdgen40...It's true. Everything else I need is in my vehicle. Doing EMS for 20yrs has shown me that "lighter is better"! Besides, there's always a newbie around who has every piece of EMS gear you cram into their pockets. I don't even own a stethescope.

·
GAP'r
940 Posts
I carry a small leatherman micro, a micro mag-light and my cell phone in my pockets. A pair of trauma shears in my thigh pocket and a mini-maglight on my belt. Everything else is in the jump bag.

You can tell the rookies in EMS by the amount of stuff hanging from their belt. :supergrin:

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.