Home > Glock Talk > General Glocking > What do I need to do?

What do I need to do?

  1. I would like to do the .45 ACP to 10mm for my 21.
  2. 1. Try putting something in the thread's title that actually describes the subject. It's too late for that now.
    2. Search for postings by member GRT45. He's the forum's leading expert for what you want.
  3. But a G-20 and have one full pistol for each loading. Less chance of getting magazines, barrels and such mixed up.
  4. You will need to get a storm lake conversion barrel and probably a g20 magazine for starters
  5. You keep your common sense to yourself!
  6. I looked in to this and to me the extractor is the biggest issue. If you're swapping barrels for range use most say the extractor is fine, others say it's not reliable without tweaking or replacing. Seems to vary. Came close to buying a conversion barrel but ultimately sold my G21 for a G40 mos. I still shoot a lot of .45 but I like the large frame Glocks in 10mm better.
  7. This reminds me that I still need a model 29 complete upper to go on this spare g30 frame.
  8. I had that same question, once upon a time .. I figured it would be simpler getting a 20 upper .. Then I found a As NIB 20SF ..( Owned but unfired..)
    I swaped my Gen 3 26 for it ..
  9. Myself, I would save the cabbage and get another complete pistol and accessorize the heck out of it.
    My .02.
  10. I bought a complete 20 upper from the GT want add.
  11. Buy a G20,29,40. Problem solved.
    Sell the 45, no need for out once you get 10mm. That is totally unbiased fact of course.
  12. The article linked below will give you all the details about the conversion and get you started. I think it will answer most, if not all, of your questions.

    Converting the Glock 21 to 10mm Caliber