close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do i need for my new glock 20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GL22MAN, Oct 19, 2004.

1. GL22MAN

GL22MAN

I'm getting a new 10mm in a few days. Is there anything that i should get to help recoil or functioning?Or anything i need at all?
    Thanks
    Mike......

2. straightblast

straightblast

No man, just ammo, ammo, ammo.

3. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

Besides what straightblast said,
    LOTS MORE AMMO!!!

;f ;c
    Might as well get a reloading book from one of the major manufacturer's as well. After most of us started shooting 10's we want to "roll our own".

4. Chainsaw Maniac

Chainsaw Maniac

Congrats on the purchase. You might want to eventually consider a .40 conversion barrel for cheaper practice if you plan to shoot a lot. You can get .40 Miwall reloads from outdoormarksman.com for $115 per thou in a GI can.

5. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

The only extras that I put onto my G20 which I bought new last Nov. is a 5" KKM 10mm barrel and Wolffe 22lbs recoil sping to handle the hotter loads that I shoot out of it. I was getting Glock smileys on my brass which ruined them. I would like a better sight system as well but haven't decided which one to buy yet.
    Cam

6. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

If it's going to be your CCW gun, a simple addition is night sights. I like the Trijicons.

If you intend to shoot a lot of hot loads thru it, you might want to get a stronger recoil spring, or a different recoil-assembly set-up entirely, like the captured ISMI springs (20lbs/22lbs). Wolff makes great XP springs too.

7. sy2k

sy2k

Streamlight M3 light to go on the rail.

Ammo. Lots of Ammo.

8. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

Basically just what everyone else has said.

You won't NEED anything besides ammo.

What you may find useful are:
    1) better sights (night sites, or maybe some Heinie's)
    2) Extra mags
    3) IF you shoot hotter loads, you may want to get a 20 or 22lb recoil spring.

Yes, you will eventually feel the need to start reloading after you've aquired a big can of spent brass just sitting all alone in your garage/basement. I don't know which is more addictive, loading 10mm or shooting it.

9. atfsux

atfsux

If Kerry wins,...you can bet your bippy the AWB will be back in some form. Plan for the worst case scenario and stock up on those (newly) cheap mags.

You'll thank me later.

10. GL22MAN

GL22MAN

Hi, thanks for all the reply's.I just ordered the gun today out the door price was $550 not to bad.I should have it in a few days. The first few hundred rnds of ammo through it will be the federal 190gr. from the ammoman. after those are gone i'm gonna go with the 135gr. double tap ammo.Those be some hot stuff... i will get a 22lb spring when i order the double tap ammo. i am gonna get 5 15 rnd mags this weekend at the gun show here in Michigan. most of the people here have them 5 for a $100 but the g20 mags are hard to find but i found a dealer who will have a bunch this week. @ $20 a piece brand new mags not bad at all. i'm also getting a lever action marlin model 1895cb with a 26" octagon barrel the cb stands for cowboy model it holds 10 rnds of 45/70.Man what an awsome combo,lol..
    Thanks again
    Mike.......

[​IMG]

11. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

People buy certain firearms, then automatically feel they need to modify it to somehow be complete. The Glock's are just fine the way they are and function perfectly. Buy plenty of ammo, shoot it, THEN see what, if anything, is needing changed...

12. GL22MAN

GL22MAN

Well, actually i already own 2 glocks have for years now.I haven't modded any of them.I just heard that the 10mm needed a different spring or something along those lines to function with hotter ammo.I guess i could have explained that better in my post.

13. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

You only need to worry about stronger/stiffer springs if you are feeding your 10mm a steady diet of hot loads like DoubleTap. If you shoot normal stuff and occasionally shoot them, then you should be ok.

14. sy2k

sy2k

Agreed with the above statement. Unless you are only shooting hot stuff, I wouldn't modify the stock configuration of the gun. Glock built the model 20/29 perfectly, IMO. I mostly shoot the cheapest stuff I can for practice, then occasionally run my DT carry loads to remind myself what it's like to shoot the good stuff!

15. sy2k

sy2k

Oh, I forgot. You need mags. Lots o' mags. Before the AWB sunset, people were charging $150 locally for a 15 rounder.

Just in case.

16. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

One other thing that I added to my G20 was a extended slide release. I like to individualize my guns a little so that they are not exactly like every one else's. Adds a personality to them for me.
    Cam