close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what division / what mods

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mcad33, Aug 24, 2004.

1. mcad33

mcad33

read volume 1 on gssf wondering what division i can shoot using a g17. also wanted to shoot my 21 but it has fiber optics and magwell is that unlimited .also do you have to pay twice to shoot more then one gun? going to richmond any more information about what mods are allowed to pistols would be great . also what about trigger mods are they allowed?

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

If your 17 is stock (other than notch-type sights & allowed stuff mentioned in the rules) you can shoot any of the divisions except Subcompact or MajorSub. Either the fiberoptics OR the magwell mod put your 21 into the Unlimited end of the pool. (Note: night sights by themselves don't count for that purpose.) Mods to the trigger other than, say, swapping a so-called "target" trigger for the smooth G17 trigger put you into Unlimited.

You will pay to shoot the number of divisions you want to enter, regardless of the gun involved. If you want to shoot your 17 in Amateur Civilian, and also shoot it in the Amateur Competition division, that would be two entries & they're tallied (and charged) as such.

Don't have the ref addition in front of me but that covers it pretty well. There are many more experienced shooters here who can comment if you're more specific about what you're contemplating as "mods."

Edit: BTW, I highly recommend GSSF. It is just plain competitive fun but in a non-cutthroat atmosphere. ^c

3. mcad33

mcad33

can triggers be tuned polished ground and fitted. also can wolf springs be used. let me know whats allowed i can just put it back to 100% stock if i have to but since i use it in idpa i would hope everything is fine as long as they are glock parts.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Basically in all Stock Categories is STOCK,no Wolfe Springs, no fiber optics, no mag well. About the only mod in any stock categories is after market sights but they must be post and notch style.

All the other items you mentioned is only allowed in Master Unlimited Category.

Have you looked at the rules at www.gssfonline.com? 99% of all the info you are asking about is located there.