close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What did you eat today?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by BCR, Apr 4, 2007.

1. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Ok, I'm bored. So I'm curious what you guys are eating over the course of a day, whether it to be gain, loose or maintain weight.

Me:

Meal 1: 2 slices multi grain toast, tiny bit of Polaner fruit spread and a protein shake, multi vitamin

Meal 2: Chicken breast, cup of brown rice, broccoli

Meal 3: ISS "Oh Yeah" protein bar (these taste incredible)

Meal 4: Chicken breast and sweet or red potatoes, 2 cups skim milk

Meal 5: Chicken breast and sweet or red potatoes, 2 cups skim milk

Meal 6: Pasta and 1 or 2 slices multi grain bread

Meal 7: Protein shake (preworkout)

Meal 8: Weightgainer shake (protein and simple carbs, post workout)

Meal 9: 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese and Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3,6,9), and 500mg vitamin C

It sounds like a lot, but they're all small meals. I've dropped close to 1000 calories since winter. And I have a very fast metabolism.

Who's next?

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

1--- 2 hard boiled egss
    2--- 2 string cheese
    3--- one large can salmon or perhaps 2 cans sardines or tuna
    4--- big handful of nuts almonds, macadamians, or walnuts
    5--- some sort of meat and a large salad.
    6--- some olives (green or black) or another small helping of nuts

That's typical, of course there are day to day variations. Like today for meal 3 will be substituting a leftover pork chop for the fish I usually eat.

3. DBradD

DBradD

I'm trying to work my way into the Paleo Diet for Athletes, but I'm only about 2/3 the way there. I'm having a hard time eliminating all the salt. Limited starches, protein shakes, and wheat products are allowed in the PDforA plan, which is the difference between that and the regular PD.

I eat so randomly that I don't think I could list it out in order. I think I go through about 2000 calories of:

Several 1/2 servings (about 100 calories each) of macadamia, walnuts, and almonds
    1-2 whey protein shakes
    6-8 pieces of fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, blueberries, and/or peaches)
    1-2 servings of baby carrots or brocolli
    a sweet potato in there somewhere on most days
    2-3 lean meat dishes, either baked salmon, paleo-friendly chili, canned tuna, or chicken breast
    100 oz+ of tap water, probably 150 oz average
    Edit: oh yeah, forgot the caffeine. About 250mg of caffeine total from green or black tea, or diet cokes (yeah, I know--horrible, LOL)

We eat out (gasp) 3-4x per week, which is my biggest weakness. I try to keep it not totally destructive, but it's hard. My wife LOVES to eat out, so it's really hard to resist the temptation.

I'll also usually have something sweet 2-3x per week, which I know is really bad, but we only live once, right? I almost always keep it to something that's only BAD (say 300 calories, 20-30g of sugar), not horrible (like 1000 calories and 100g of sugar).

I like fruit a lot more than veggies, so I know I eat a disproportionate amount of each. I might be burning enough of the fructose to keep from eventually getting fat, but only time will tell.

I'm holding very steady at about 182-184, so I'm at least minimally satisfied with my diet so far. I'd really like to improve it, but it's tough.

4. proactive

proactive

So far today:

1) 2 eggs + 3 whites, scrambled
    2 pieces toast (homemade whole grain, 1tbsp butter)
    2) banana
    3) oatmeal w/flax
    2 scoops optimum whey
    4) (about to eat)
    1 chix breast
    huge mixed green salad (light olive oil/balsamic)

I carry a .75 liter camelback bottle and drink from it all day. I've emptied it about 3 times so far today.

ETA: I forgot the coffee. It typically takes me 2-3 cups to get started in the am. I add milk only.

5. DBradD

DBradD

This thread got me thinking, so I logged my food today. Man, I eat often! Below is what I have so far. I think it's about 1600 calories. I'll probably eat about 2 more of these 300 calorie meals tonight. That's a little cleaner than average for me, but I think it's fairly representative. After my workout, I'll probably have 2-3 pieces of fruit and another protein shake.

9:00
    1 whey protein shake
    1/2 serving of mac nuts

11:45
    1 can lt tuna
    1/2 serving mixed nuts
    1 apple

1:15
    3 oz grilled chicken
    small sweet potato

2:00
    1 serving baby carrots