GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like most are saying, I can't get over those grills (even though they do pay an homage to the past). I'm sure it'll grow on me the more I see them on the road.

Also, the M now stands for ///Marketing.
I don’t care for the plastic looks, makes it look cheap and those cars for sure aren’t cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1911 lover
10,128 Posts
I've never been too concerned about the grills on any vehicle.

But everybody knows the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine I'm sure.
Dont think thats very nice. I did buy my bmw convert with brand new unused turn signal bulbs. Never used by orig owner.

But.. do you know the difference between a harley and a hoover ??

The position of the dirtbag..

·
1911 lover
10,128 Posts
Have you ever seen a late 80's Cavalier? :couch: :D
I pulled out many of the 200 watt bulbs in my garage on my daughters side.. where her cobalt is.. now have 100 watt bulbs so my neighbors dont see the car as easily. The bmw is easy to see from the street. Which is fine.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
an M4 was going to be my next car but not with that grill. The current 3 series and z4 grill is the biggest I'd go. So I'm probably on my last BMW.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
They released a new 440i pic without a front license plate....that grill is just bad!

·
Registered
19,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
They released a new 440i pic without a front license plate....that grill is just bad!

Looks 10 times worse without the euro plate.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The svx of today. Looks like a rocket ship but it's kinda slow and over priced
That is going to go right over the head of some non-subaru people.
But I liked it.

Reactions: Tvov and BOOSTED12A

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
That is going to go right over the head of some non-subaru people.
But I liked it.
Any 90s sports car fan will get it. I still would like to get one. They are cool looking cars. I'd have to put a bigger 6 out of an llbean outback and manual trans in it.

·
emeritus
3,046 Posts
Radiator, intercooler, A/C condenser, PS fluid cooler, oil cooler,...

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Beautiful car. What year ?? Has it been reliable?? Have the bearings , vanos , and cooling system been ok with maintenance ? I really have considered buying one. But been porsche cayman shopping lately.
My E90 is a 2008 Manual. It has been really great. Honestly the best car I have ever owned. I have kids and a family so it is a great grocery getter and you can put a car seat in.

It is incredible fun to drive. It sounds great, pulls hard, super responsive. It is a unique never again to be made NA V8. It truly is a modern classic.

My brother has a Porsche 992.5 Carrera 4S and yeah it is faster lighter car. But it is completely not practical as a grocery getter and terrible if you have any kids of nearly any age.

Maintenance cost have been reasonable. I purchased an extended warranty and timed it so it lasted the length of my loan.

Bearings have been fine, cooling fine. maintenance cost have been OK. But buying synthetic 10w-60 at 15 bucks a liter for an engine that holds 9.3 liters... kind of sucks. I change the oil about every 2-3000 miles. I could probably go longer and I am probably wasting money but I worry a bit about the bearings.

I talked to lots of people about the bearings. I spoke with a BMW factory race team mechanic. He told me the bearings are not a thing unless you drive it like an *******. If you let the engine warm up before running it hard the engine will last.

The only major maintenance has been the throttle modules had to be replaced. There was also a crazy thing where my flywheel damper broke and tore a hole in my tranny bell housing.

My extended warranty has covered everything. So it has not been a big deal.

I should mention you will wear out the tires if you drive like me. Front tires last twice as long as rear tires. They are offset so you can not rotate them. I am sure I could buy a tire with a harder compound but I got the stickiest tire I could find.

The one regret I have about the car is I wish I would have gotten a slightly later year that has the updated and improved radio head unit. The later model Idrive is way better for interfacing with your phone and music.

The one problem with the car is what am I going to do next. I am not sure what I can do to get something as fun to drive that I can afford. This car has kind of ruined me for any other car in my price range.

Maybe a Lotus Super 7? Maybe I can talk my brother into handing me down his Porsche when he upgrades. The trouble is, even if he flat out gave it to me, I do not think I could afford the maintenance.

·
1911 lover
10,128 Posts
My E90 is a 2008 Manual. It has been really great. Honestly the best car I have ever owned. I have kids and a family so it is a great grocery getter and you can put a car seat in.

It is incredible fun to drive. It sounds great, pulls hard, super responsive. It is a unique never again to be made NA V8. It truly is a modern classic.

My brother has a Porsche 992.5 Carrera 4S and yeah it is faster lighter car. But it is completely not practical as a grocery getter and terrible if you have any kids of nearly any age.

Maintenance cost have been reasonable. I purchased an extended warranty and timed it so it lasted the length of my loan.

Bearings have been fine, cooling fine. maintenance cost have been OK. But buying synthetic 10w-60 at 15 bucks a liter for an engine holds 9.3 liters... kind of sucks. I change the oil about every 2-3000 miles. I could probably go longer and I am probably wasting money but I worry a bit about the bearings.

I talked to lots of people about the bearings. I spoke with a BMW factory race team mechanic. He told the bearings are not a thing unless you drive it like an *******. If you let the engine warm up before running it hard the engine will last.

The only major maintenance has been the throttle modules had to be replaced. There was also a crazy thing where my flywheel damper broke and tore a hole in my tranny bell housing.

My extended warranty has covered everything. So it has not been a big deal.

The one regret I have about the car is I wish I would have gotten a slightly later year that has the updated and improved radio head unit. The later model Idrive is way better for interfacing with your phone and music.

The one problem with the car is what am I going to do next. I am not sure what I can do to get something as fun to drive that I can afford. This car has kind of ruined me for any other car in my price range.

Maybe a Lotus Super 7? Maybe I can talk my brother into handing me down his Porsche when he upgrades. The trouble even if he flat out gave it to me, I do not think I could afford the maintenance.
Awesome info thanks.. its not the same looking car.. but in your position I would look at a panamera .. the turbos are fast fast. Even the basic S is a fast car. Very reliable and holds kids or adults. Its a 4 door sportscar that will impress you. I got to track one for a press event and thought I would hate it.. I was wrong.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts