GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Pharaoh
34,485 Posts
I suspect it is for function. With the 60hp bump, probably needed bigger intercoolers and cooling.

Or since Oktoberfest was canceled and people working from home, the designers were drinking all day long and came up with that "bold new look" while on a drunken zoom meeting...

·
NRA Benefactor
7,186 Posts
Mo plastic, less weight? Mo cheaper to make?

Nothing is as ugly as Toyota & Lexus. Good cars, but downright ugly. My '16 4Runner's front end might be nearly as ugly as any Lexus, but I can't see it from behind the wheel.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
That grill is bad. You know it's bad when they even realize and put on a euro number plate into the pics to cut up how bad the grills look now. It's a shame cause the power numbers and such were sounding really good too.

·
Semper Paratus
27,779 Posts
with more power, comes more heat, you have to get airflow .
turbos need airflow for intercoolers, especially if they are going to be used on a track.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Lexus set the new standard for ugly. BMW is just trying to catch up in the ugliest car sweepstakes.

·
Pharaoh
34,485 Posts
That grill is bad. You know it's bad when they even realize and put on a euro number plate into the pics to cut up how bad the grills look now. It's a shame cause the power numbers and such were sounding really good too.
Actually, that is typical. When you look at German manufacturers, they always release picture of their new cars with European (German plates). As front plates are very much required in Germany, they are always pictured with plates...

And I can predict the future.

The next BMW that is shown after this one... the license plate will have an "M" as the first digit..

The next new Porsche will have "S" as the first digit of the license plate.....

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Like most are saying, I can't get over those grills (even though they do pay an homage to the past). I'm sure it'll grow on me the more I see them on the road.

Also, the M now stands for ///Marketing.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I like some of the big Audi and Lexus grills but these are ugly. I was thinking of jumping back to a BMW 2 or 4 series as I liked my e92 coupe which was in between the two in size. This definitely has me not getting the 4.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
I think we have one of these in my town... BMW I8.... a real head turner. I saw a sleek and mean looking car go by me, and I think it was this one.

Reactions: Eddy Current

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I think we have one of these in my town... BMW I8.... a real head turner. I saw a sleek and mean looking car go by me, and I think it was this one.

The svx of today. Looks like a rocket ship but it's kinda slow and over priced

·
Registered
924 Posts
Reminds me a bit of an Alfa Romeo times two-but I kinda dig the new look

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
As a former and multiple BMW owner all I can say about that grill work is No!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
They remind me of large insects.
Them!.jpg

21 - 40 of 87 Posts