close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What class for a 34?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by S&W686, May 22, 2003.

1. S&W686

S&W686 Christ follower

Please forgive me for asking this, however I thought this would be the quickest way to get an answer.

What class would I shoot GSSF matches with the following gun:
    Glock 34 with Heinie rear sight and a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight.

What class can a 17 with the same sights listed above be shot in?

Thanks.....Looking at shooting some GSSF matches in the future.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

First of all Fiber Optic sights are only legal in Unlimited unless they are blackened over or light rod removed to make it a stock post and notch type sight. A stock G17 is legal in all categories except subcompact and major subcompact. A stock G34 is legal in competition and Unlimited. Refer to www.gssfonline.com for a full reading of the rules. Also the list of guns legal in each category is listed on the registration forum.

3. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Mostly IDPA now

S&W686

How does that sight combo work on the 34? I have it on a 17 and it shoots POA is POI at 25yds. Same for 34?

Thx

4. S&W686

S&W686 Christ follower

I really like the the sight combo, it works well and the front sight is easy to pick up. POA = POI

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I don't know. I tried one on a G17 while I was shooting Speed Steel and didn't like it. Could not get it to shoot at POA. As I stated in GSSF it is only legal in Unlimimted Open Class and I personally would not recommend it in that class when most everyon else who are shooting that class seriously are using Red Dots.

6. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Mostly IDPA now

S&W686

Thanks. I will probably give it a try, although I see Dawson has a new adjustable for the Glock. I thing I may check into that.

Don At PC has me thinking I better go bench (again) my 17 to double check. Although I seem to get pretty good hits in IDPA with it I want to make sure.