close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What can you tell me about Khar CW series?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CBennett, Jan 15, 2010.

1. CBennett

CBennett

While looking for a replacement for my Glock 23 for CC I kept running across people telling me about the Khar 9mm or .40. I basically know nothing about Khars..I have always thought they were kinda a "lower" end gun but apparently not. They said it may suit my purposes cause its a tad smaller but definately THINNER than the glock 19/23's are..so what can you tell me...only think ive read is they MAY have some reliability issues...thats the only "bad" ive ever heard on or about them...so what gives...should I seriously look at this Khar CW 40/9 or should I stick with looking at the HKP7/Walther PPS/Sig 239 ????(looking for a thinner than a glock single stack for CC that feels better and conceals better)

2. TonyT

TonyT

I used to carry a Glock 36 but found it was difficult to conceal reliably at all times. I finally settled on a Kahr PM-9 which has proven to be very reliable and surprisingly accurate for such a short barreled pistol. I also shoot a Kahr T-9. The trigger of the Kahr can best be described as an untra smooth and ultra light DA revolver pull. It differs from the Glock trigger but is very easy to use. The CW line is the less expensive Kahr line with standard rifled barrels rather than the polygonal rifling of the PM-9 and T-9.

3. JBP55

JBP55

I like the Kahr CW9 and have had no issues with mine from day one.

4. CBennett

CBennett

I didnt really know a lot about them but in my searches people kept bringing them up as something I should check out...so I didnt want to skip over them I wanted to do my due diligence to find out about them B4 I got something else and wish I had gotten that(Khar) instead..thats what I did with the Glock jumped in B4 I looked and regretted it ever since.

5. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

6. CBennett

CBennett

ty, i will probably never remember that lol

7. Caladan

Caladan

Two of my shooting friends have CW9's. I've put several hundred rounds through both of them, without any failures of any type. Accuracy is good, and easily befits the price. Based on this experience, I purchased a PM9 almost two years ago, and have been very happy with it since....

8. ranger56528

ranger56528

Ive owned the CW9 and 40 and all I can say is shoot the u-no-what out of it right away,the more rounds put thru the better,they really are at thier best when ya pass the 300 mark,the offset feed is something to get used to hahaha....I didnt have any issue once I broke them in except for Mag compacity....Nice and thin for CW due to the offset feed ramp.

FYI..look into who really is behind Kahr........

9. CBennett

CBennett

Hmmm I will look into that sounds good thanks for the info guys, its on my list now KAhr,P239,HKP7, and S&W 3913,Walther PPS...is my list now for nice reliable thin/smaller CC single stacks. sound good???

10. Jakemug

Jakemug

I've ditched my G19 for carry in favor of my new CW9. Much thinner and lighter. Doesn't print at all. Been perfectly reliable, eats whatever. Great gun, perfect size for IWB.

11. Caladan

Caladan

Since you want "thin/smaller", the single-stacks that are thinner than the commonly-available double-stacks is where you should be looking, and you might consider crossing off the HK and the Sig from your list. Fine guns are they (and I love mine), but they are essentially as wide as a Glock 26, but carry less rounds. They are also longer, taller, and weigh more than a G26 as well. IOW, for all that extra mass, you get to carry fewer rounds, and of course you get to spend more money. To give you an example, an empty P7 weighs more than a fully loaded G26. A fully loaded P239 weighs five ounces more than a fully loaded G26, with two less rounds.

The Kahrs and the PPS are noticeably thinner than the double-stacks like the Glocks (and the P7/P239). That is why I would not put the 239 or the P7 into the category of "thin" (svelte, maybe, but not thin). I don't have a 3913 on hand to compare, but I seem to remember that it is slightly thinner than the P7 and P239.

12. CBennett

CBennett

thats exactly what im looking for..something just a bit thinner and lighter than the Glock 23. I DONT care that it carries a few less rounds thats fine and expected in a thinner single stack.

13. CBennett

CBennett

on the Sig and P7 they also just fit my hands better than Glocks and im not really concerned about the weight...honestly IF I had the $$ and I dont id get a Springfield EMP and be done with it :) BUT I just cant see coming up with THAT kind of $$ for a gun. I mean heck if Glock made a 9/40 like Khar and had good grips id be a diehard glock guy..but the make bigger clunkier guns that are reliable but dont fit my hand.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010