Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Oregon we have a Concealed Handgun License.

With this license we can carry pretty much any firearm concealed from pistols to a machine gun.

What is restricted is certain types of knifes and things like brass knuckles.

What about your state?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
In Montana it is a concealed weapon permit, so as long as it is a legal weapon I'm good.

·
USN Retired
7,957 Posts
Washington State Concealed Pistol License (CPL).
No training requirement.
This allows me to carry any handgun that I legally possess.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
In WV it's a Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit.

·
USN Retired
7,957 Posts
In WV it's a Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit.
So...can you carry any Pistol/Revolver, or only specified, like some states?

·
Registered
315 Posts
PA is a license to carry firearms. I believe it is anything under 18 inches. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
USN Retired
7,957 Posts
I can carry anything I can legally own with my CCW
Seriously...like...you could carry a Kel-Tec SU-16c

under your trench coat? :cool:

·
Registered
12,129 Posts
Here in ID any pistol /revolver and any other legal weapon! As ours is called a Conceal WEAPONS License!:supergrin:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Pistols only here in ohio.

·
Boom.
2,032 Posts
Florida's license is a Concealed Weapon or Firearm License.

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.
—(1)The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee.
For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9).

·
USN Retired
7,957 Posts
The OR CHL is a Concealed Handgun License, not a CWP.
I don't see where anyone posted that Oregon has a "CWP"...
am I missing something? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
In NC your permit only allows you to conceal a handgun, not a large knife or other weapon. There are no requirements to qualify with what you carry. A lot of people pass the ccw course shooting a .22 and carry a .45, .38, or what have you. There are no caliber restrictions or restrictions on the number of handguns you can carry at one time.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I need to set the record straight on this one. In Oregon, you may only legally carry a HANDGUN concealed. For reference, please check Oregon Revised Statutes: 166.291, and 166.210. I am not an attorney, but I urge all of you who carry - and may have to brandish/shoot someone, to please know these laws in detail. Just check your state's Revised Statutes on the internet, make copies, and know your legal rights! Take no one else's word on what may turn out to be a costly error for you. You may wind up with plenty of time to read these laws in prison. Good Luck

1 - 20 of 62 Posts