What can Glock upgrade ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sgt rock, Jan 17, 2010.

1. sgt rock

sgt rock

I have a used 2nd gen 19 and was curious as to what upgrades glock can do. I know they can swap the frame and any bad parts, refinish the slide and add night sites but do they mill the slide for the new 15 degree extractor or champher the barrel hood ? im i missing anything else ? thanks , BTW im thinking of just selling it and buying a new 19 but was just curious.

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

You answered your own question.

If the gun works, there's no reason to fix it, and someone who doesn't like the finger grooves on a newer gun would love to have it.

3. Leathernecker

Leathernecker More Glocks!

Yep, I'd buy it just because it's a 2nd Gen and I don't have a G19 if it wasn't in Michigan.

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Somewhere in the bowels of the Glock factory/service unit, the 2nd gen G19 I purchased at a great discount because someones dog had chewed the frame is having it's frame upgraded to 3rd gen. I assume they are checking all the innards as well.
    I should be getting it back pretty soon. :supergrin:

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

the gnomes that make the frames are a little slow getting back on track after the Christmas season, some of them moonlight as elves.

6. sgt rock

sgt rock

I anticipated your answer and added that last comment to my original post. Again , my curiosity got the better of me and would still like to know how far they will go with upgrades. Lets just pretend some mice got in my gun safe and chewed the hell out of the frame , what are all the upgrades Glock can do to my Gen2 19 ?

7. sgt rock

sgt rock

$300 plus shipping , 2 mags . You might want to see some pics as it was a NY cop gun and i parked the slide and the frame is dull from holster wear. Let me know i can email you some pics.

8. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Given it's condition and the fact that the slide's been refinished, what they'd do for free can only be told by Glock.

I doubt they'd replace a worn, but otherwise functional frame for free. I personally would not think that mouse or dog chewed frames would be considered a warranty issue, but ya never know till ya ask. Maybe Bama Trooper will be able to let us know about that.

9. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

chewed is going to Cost you.

10. blinddog

blinddog

The 15 degree extractor is not new it was a suggested recall item back in the early 90's. ( it was not exactily a recall, but it was done on any pistols that were returned for repair as a matter of course and still is for that matter buit I think you have to ask now)
    If forinstance you sent your Gen 2 pistol in for refinishing every Glock upgrade item would be done. But like was said before if it works why F$#@% with it?

11. bruchi

bruchi

I would love a single stack 9mm around the size of the G19, 10 rounds will do, think slimmed down G19

12. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

The cost quoted was 90 dollars (mine may be a little cheaper :supergrin:)for the frame and I had a choice between 2nd and 3rd gen on the replacement frame. Since I still have 2 2nd Gen 19s at the house, I decided to have this one upgraded.
    I am assuming (read: hoping), they replace the internals since I bought the gun used. I will report on the replaced parts when the gun returns. As a matter of fact, I am going to call and check on the possible return date.

13. universalfrost

universalfrost

it is called a Taurus 709 SLIM and holds 7 +1.

I picked one up recently and is great for IWB CCW with shorts, and light weight t shirt there is no printing at all.

Just like a g19 only slimmer and single stack, plus has the "glock trigger" safety and a thumb safety to boot if you feel inclined.

also , I recently picked up a well used G19 early 2 pin second gen model and it is well worn (internally and externally) and the previous owner removed the finish from the slide (I am guessing for a bubba version of duo-tone). Just spoke with Glock this morning and cost to refinish, inspect and upgrade was $45 including return shipping. only drawback is the 6 to 8week turnaround.

I am gonna do it, just to get the parts replaced/upgraded (the trigger is really worn along with springs, etc.. and has the old extractor).

can't beat this kinda deal! would cost me more than $45 just to by new internal parts for my gun.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  14. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Depending on the age, there are upgrades for the striker ***'y and upgrades for the stripper rail, where it was possible for the stripper rail to detonate a round out of battery during a double feed jam (highly unlikely, but possible). I think that would require a new slide.