close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What BS!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by J.P., Oct 8, 2006.

1. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

The fact that this Arc Agel character is still allowed to post in the classifieds is astonishing.

I know this thread was reported:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=572201&perpage=30&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Is it S.O.P. to let people get away with posting negatively in someone's ad?

Look,you guys might run your site differently than I run mine but I think that guy should have been warned about his postings early on and at least temporarily banned if he then continued.

I can guarantee if I did the same thing to a sponsor's ad that this guy is doing,I would have a very short stay here.
    I don't have any dog in the fight other than I want this to be a really good place without BS like this in the classifieds.

You really should think about this.

Even though the ad is over,I think a very stern warning should be issued to the offening poster.

I appreciate your time and await your response.
    JP

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Look, I understand your frustration with what happened, but you need to tone it down a bit. Has it occurred to you that I may not have been aware of the situation before now? You can run your site as you see fit and I will do the same. A necessary prerequisite to me taking any action on a problem is being made aware of it. Now that I have been, I have warned the guy. If he persists in this behavior, he will be dealt with accordingly. Eric

3. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

I don't see any need to "tone it down" because I wasn't attacking you,Eric.

The only reason I mention how I run my site was just as a point of reference of how we do things regarding negative posts in classified ads.

Of course you can run your site as you see fit and without my permission.I never suggested otherwise.

The tone of my post was directed more towards the offense and not toward you so I hope that clears things up.I really hope it does.

It never ocurred to me that you or other mods weren't made aware of the situation because:
    A)I know it was reported.
    B)I was one of the reporters.
    C)I was also made aware that others reported it too.

Perhaps the "Report this post" function was having a glitch?
    So,I'm going to go ahead and give you guys the benefit of the doubt that this *is* what happened.
    Thanks
    JP