GlockTalk Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1779 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Re-reading the Lord of the Rings series. Finished The Hobbit a couple months ago and I’m halfway through the next book

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Hong Lou Meng or a Dream of Red Mansions. 1985 abridged version. It has 975 characters. Published by Foreign Languages Press, Beijing. Considered to be the greatest Chinese novel. An unabridged version runs 5 volumes.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Microwave Theory and Applications - Stephen F. Adam/Hewlett Packard

·
Registered
608 Posts
After watching the latest movie version of "The Call of The Wild" - I was so disappointed in the movie that I am re-reading Jack Londons - Stories of The North, 78 short stories and 2 novels.
Do recommend

Just read 1st in series. Pretty good, normal good guy gets wronged and gets payback...

Alan Turing -The Enigma Man. Do recommend and also enjoyed the movie about him, i.e., The Imitation Game
Click this bar to view the full image.

Reactions: DubfromGA

·
Free Full Clip!
17,096 Posts
I like fiction And my favorite authors are Dean Koontz, Micheal Connolly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, Louis L'Amour, and Robert K Parker. I'm just about finished with Jefferey Deaver's "The Never Game" and I'm just at the point where the book ends off where it started and the surprise ending where the good guy maybe catches the serial killer.

I read every night before going to bed and now that the libraries are closed, it's costing me money and I also can't donate my used books to the VA Hospital anymore because they're shut down except for emergency services and books are starting to pile up.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
Trigernomety, a gallery of gun fighters. By Eugene Cunningham

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Glock 19 Gen3

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Reading Book 4 of the Vatta's War sci-fi series

cover.jpg

The biggest news isn't the book but that I'm reading it on a Kobo Libra H2O. My fourth or fifth E-reader. This one is very nice.

kobo_libra.jpg

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Kuhn who was a professor of linguistics and philosophy at MIT. He started as a physicist. The depth and clarity is astounding as he discusses Aristotelian dynamics, phlogistic chemistry, caloric thermodynamics, Maxwell's equations, and paradigms.

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,569 Posts
The Rational Male, by Rollo Tomassi.

Red pill lense on gender differences is eye opening, to say the least.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
I am trying to finish The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. Not an easy read as the author references the works of physicists and chemists over a period of 3000 years. Like trying to understand Galileo's description of a pendulum and why it was a better description of a paradigm than what the Greeks described as a swinging stone.

The next book will probably be an English language translation of The Epic of Gilgamesh, which is about 4100 years old. I listened to it being sung today in Sumerian language which has not been spoken in some 2000 years so it is not certain that the pronunciation was correct. I have the book on my shelf.

·
M62/76
11,953 Posts
Re-reading this afternoon a few years...
90DD446C-7436-44B3-B9FF-BCFD53CC9DDC.jpeg

Reactions: VicarofGlock

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Frontlines of Freedom
(Field Manual for Patriots,
How to save America)

·
Registered
131 Posts
well I was going to get Jim Cirillo's Tales of the Stakeout Squad [pictured above] but Amazon wants a stupid amount of money for it--it must be awesome...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Jim Butcher - Peace Talks

Latest in the Dresden Files - GREAT books...

1741 - 1760 of 1779 Posts