GlockTalk Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1779 Posts

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Dover dual Language - Great French Short Stories of the Twentieth Century/Les Grandes Nouvelles Françaises du Vingtième Siècle.

The following illustrates why I work on other languages. My grandmother never spoke English, so you had to learn some of the language from the old country. 40% of the people residing in Los Angeles were not born in the US. This includes two current sisters-in-law, and my girl friend. When I was at Costco having the tires rotated last Thursday, there was an older couple having a tire fixed on their new Mercedes. They were born in northern Italy, so part of our conversation was Italian. Thursday evening, the girlfriend and I went to dinner on Wilshire Blvd. The conversation with the owner was in French. Sure, you could probably get around speaking only English, but you have to know Spanish because a lot of streets have Spanish names.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Moving right on to the third & final of the Fractured Europe series.
cover.jpg

·
M62/76
11,953 Posts
Currently- “The Devil Is Here In These Hills” by James Greene. Enjoying it so far...the WV coal mine wars of the early-1900s have always fascinated me.

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
“Indian Wars of the West,” by Paul Wellman. Great book. Eyewitness accounts of battles starting in the 1860s and covering from the Midwest to Washington State. Lots of cool photos.

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,296 Posts
Jerry Kuhnhausen Ruger single action revolver shop manual at the moment.
I might need to know how to free spin and time a cylinder in a dream.;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
'Wild Bill, The True Story of The Frontier's First Gunfighter' by Tom Clavin
So far, very good!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Double Post - sorry

·
finishes it...
3,669 Posts