Glock Talk banner

What Beretta 92-series mags to use?

3380 Views 18 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Chowser
So a couple months back, I bought 6 new fifteen-round mags for a future 92FS purchase. However, in hindsight, I kinda want a few more rounds. This is going to be purely a plinking and home-defense gun (but mostly plinking), not a carry gun. However, for the size of the gun, I kind of want magazines that are higher capacity.

I've heard that some of the higher-cap mags can have reliability problems. Is this true, and if so, which ones? And which mags should I get for it? Any specific brands you would recommend?

Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,865 Posts
Beretta factory mags are what I would get. I have a bunch of the 15 rounders, several factory 17 rounders and a few of the colored ones for the M9A3, and a couple factory 30 round sticks. All of them work.

The only aftermarket mags I have bought were the 18 round MecGar mags, and they have always worked fine. Many swear by them and from the way mine have been I'd also have no qualms about using them in a defensive pistol.

I think ProMag also makes Beretta 92 series magazines. I would stay away from those, as the ones they make for Glocks are pretty hit or miss.

· Registered
11,865 Posts
If it were me and I was wanting to get a few more rounds in a flush fitting mag without any extensions, I would look at the factory 17 round mags that come with the 92A1. They are selling them in various places online for a smidge under $30 a piece which isn't that bad of a price.

I was tempted by this thread and ordered a couple more black 17 rounders for one my M9 pistols.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.