close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are your thoughts on the Springfield XDM?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TheChosenOne, Jan 25, 2010.

1. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne

Is this a good pistol? Sounds like a good pistol. Anyone have any personal experiences to impart?

2. space_weazel

space_weazel

I have only fondled the one's we have at the shop, I think they are really nice pistols, I like the expanded capacity, and will likely get one in the future.

Consider this a bump to reach some actual owners.

3. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

I had one and ultimately decided it wasn't for me; IDK what it was, but I couldn't hit anything with it; I had no problem hitting the same exact target with my Glock 19C. Another thing I didn't like about my XDM is the striker retaining pin. Supposedly it would break on people as they were firing the gun, and they'd have to get another one. It never happened to me personally, but happened far too often over on XDTalk. That turned me off of the gun, but I decided to give it a chance and shoot with it for a bit; in the end I didn't like it too much, and traded it in on a brand new revolver, which was also my first- an S&W 438 Bodyguard.

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

My friend shoots one and likes it. I think it really improved the XD design which was a little rough to begin with. You would still be better off with a Glock 34/35.

5. bac1023

bac1023

I think they're great. I'm picking one up this year.

6. Soba

Soba

I like it. Fits my hand better then G19, though I tend to shoot the 19 more. I find it very accurate as well.