What are your plans for election night?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Scott1970, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Scott1970

Scott1970

I'm going to have a repeat of election night 2016. I came home from work with copious amounts of unhealthy food and beverage and had a party all by myself watching CNN and MSNBC melt with despair as the night wore on. For dessert, I used a newly made account at DU to poke the bear. They banned me in the wee hours of the night's merriment. I'm going to do it again.

2. Pythonman

Pythonman

I’m going to chill a bottle of Moet and Chandon and record and DVR the whole re-election. Now that Justice Ginsberg is gone the leaders of the democrats that chose Biden to lose are going to have a lot to answer for by picking that guy over someone with a viable thinking process.

I actually think the democrat voters are going to seriously sour on Biden at the debates with no teleprompter to read his answers from.

DonGlock26, Cambo, Intolerant and 2 others like this.

3. Scott1970

Scott1970

I sincerely hope the Democrat shot callers are foolish enough to allow Biden to debate the president. I don't look for it to happen, but they are a silly lot so there's hope.

4. Bish1309

Bish1309

Cardiac failure, either way.

Csv, Intolerant and Scott1970 like this.
  5. Pythonman

Pythonman

The democrats are dumb but they can’t possibly allow Biden
    to choke at the debates, however, they can’t have him seem disinterested in saving Ginsbergs seat on the SCOTUS by skipping the debates now either. To democrats, keeping another Republican off the Supreme Court is 10 times more important than worrying about putting Biden in the WH.
    Therefore I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the democrats do a Hail Mary play to gain a sympathetic vote.

Cambo, Intolerant and tuica like this.
  6. tuica

tuica

Same as in 2016. Stay up until it’s over. And revel in Mr. Trump’s victory.

7. awildmanwith1

awildmanwith1

The look on mad cows face says it all.
    that was a great night watching them trying not to throw up in their own mouths
    I look forward to watching and hopefully witnessing the same thing again this year.

IMG_20161108_232336205.jpg

BarryR, FullClip, DonGlock26 and 4 others like this.
  8. shadowgunner9

shadowgunner9 This used to be AMERICA........

The meltdown should be spectacular. What a great time to be alive!
    But I have to go to work @0300, so , not much for me.

9. Dave514

Dave514

In bed by 10 because the winner won't be determined for a few weeks while the Democrats "discover" boxes of mail in ballots that need to be counted.

Mr Wasabi, Gfive45, flyover and 8 others like this.
  10. Intolerant

Intolerant

Repeat of 2016, i watch the left melt down with how bad a beating they`re going to get this time.

tuica likes this.
  11. Bish1309

Bish1309

That was about the time I finally went to bed after the last election. Wasn't even drinking. Pacing mostly. lol

tuica likes this.
  12. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

2016 election night was spent, with my wife, right here on GTPI! It was the best night of our entire lifes! We were hoping for it to be close. I said to her, "lets see what's happening over at GTPI.

Then, when we heard that Hillary had canceled the fireworks in NYC, we knew it was over for her!

That was the best thread on GlockTalk, ever! It went on into the next day and beyond!

......................................... guess where my wife and I will be Nov 3?

13. Ollies930

Ollies930

Not sure what I am going to be doing election night, but my significant other told me that we will be in Washington for the inauguration, if Trump wins. My only stipulation was that we make time for a visit to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (at the least). And I do believe that Trump is going to take it by a larger margin than last election, so I finally get to go to the Smithsonian, which is something I have wanted to do for a very long time now!

jmontgomery, Agonizer and Doc McGlock like this.
  14. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

I'll be here, and on Twitter, and watching Fox while occasionally flipping over to the commie networks. I took vacation days for the 3rd and the 4th, and I work second shift so I'll be up until 5 or 6am.

It definitely looks like it will be dragged out for weeks regardless, with the mail in crap, but I'm really hoping for a landslide. One thing for sure, either way the aftermath is going to be intense.

Sometimes I wish we weren't living in such interesting times.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  15. Vic777

Vic777

I will do much the same .... maybe stay in bed watching tv all day ... if it turns bad ... gotta plan my next move starting Nov 4th. I got a bug out place ...

16. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

17. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

My plans are to be patient and take it easy.

"Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually, I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is," (H. Clinton)

Clinton may be dismissed for being a broken fool and not to be taken seriously, but the message stands regardless.
    The mail-in-voting fraud is a real thing, how can it not be dragged out.

In the end Trump will win but it's not gonna be an election night victory.

18. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

What is DU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

Stayed up to 3am in 2016 soaking it all in, flipping between the lib networks. This year, it will be weeks till we know.

20. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

Same as always.

Work all day. Hurry to shower and change. Go to the poll. Vote. Go out to eat. Go home. Go to bed. Wife wakes me up to tell me who won. Read about it as I drink my coffee in the morning. Go to work.

This time will be different when I get to work. We'll all be high-fiving and thanking God Trump got re-elected.

Wait a couple years for things to settle down and start buying guns and reloading components again.