Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent incident made me reflect a bit. In a relationship, what are your personal bottom lines? That is, do you have a mental list of things you'd leave your relationship over?

Ex: if my partner ever had an affair, I'd have to leave the relationship.

·
Addicted Member
843 Posts
If she complains I watch too much football
If she complains I golf too much
If she complains I spend too much on guns
If she won't "let" me spend time with friends without her
And of course, an affair

·
Banned
5,471 Posts
A recent incident made me reflect a bit. In a relationship, what are your personal bottom lines? That is, do you have a mental list of things you'd leave your relationship over?

Ex: if my partner ever had an affair, I'd have to leave the relationship.
When my wife and I were sealed in the Temple for Time and eternity we made certain promises to each other. Those included such things as fidelity, raising our children in the Church. If those promises aren't honored then there are serious issues that we'd have to confront.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Drug abuse, lying, and cheating. In my experience if someone does any one of those they will eventually do the other two as well. I accept people for who they are and can get past anything but those if I truly care about them.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Drug abuse, lying, and cheating. In my experience if someone does any one of those they will eventually do the other two as well. I accept people for who they are and can get past anything but those if I truly care about them.
Thats about correct, i could deal with some minor drug abuse, maybe open up a can of whup azz to correct it, but the cheating is an INSTANT NO QUESTIONS ASKED PERIOD for me. Depends on what the lie was for that to be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
Physical abuse.

·
Moved on...
10,333 Posts
Good questions!

I don't think there is anything we couldn't work out except hurting the kids. Then it would be over.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
It isn't something that can be defined.

Since I am not married, it is all about happiness and the possibility of future happiness. I broke up with a girl who I could make scream for joy at the top of her lungs, but I couldn't make here happy most of the time.

I have broken up with another girl who I stopped being happy when she was around.

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
Physical abuse, infidelity, not treating me as an equal partner, abusing our kids.

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
The reason I'm not counting infidelity as a reason to leave the relationship is because the act of cheating voids the whole thing out.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Cheating, Sabotaging my income, Skipping town with our kid, threatening me with a weapon, filing a false report of DV to get my guns taken under the Lautenberg Act.

·
Southern Lady
14,751 Posts
Physical or verbal abuse. Dishonesty will always be a deal breaker in any relationship for me.

Open communication and mutual love and respect is very important to me.

·
Smartass Pilot
20,786 Posts
Infidelty, certainly. Physical violence, been there done that, hit the road.

Mean spirited, unkind, vindictive, these are all indicators that the above will happen sooner or later. I don't wait around to see it develop.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I dumped the first one for using drugs
I dumped the second one for boinking somebody else. She says "Your vasectomy must not have taken" I look that stupid I guess. She didn't know I was spying on her.
#3 is still hanging in there, over 23 years so far.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
If she springs a leak and the patch kit won't fix it -- out she goes.

ARS

1 - 20 of 61 Posts