close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are your goals for the new 2005/2006 season?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DaleGribble, Mar 1, 2005.

1. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Since the new season is almost upon us I figured I'd start the thread!

What are your goals for the 200/2006 season?

Mine is to shoot in the 80's consistently and try to break into the 70's at least once! Picking up my first A class win would be nice, but that's not really a goal since the stars have to be lined up right for that one!

I'm gettin a PACT MKIV this week so hopefully I can do some quality training and speed up a little bit!

2. MarcD

MarcD

My goal will be to break 150.
    First match in jax 04- 240
    2nd in orlando 04 - 195
    I think 150 is realistic!!!
    I'm happy since I got my first handgun (G26) for christmas.
    My other goal is to make it to the GA match and the NY match.
    MarcD

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

My goal is to make it to three matches!!!!

4. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

My goal is to try to make it to a couple of matches (work permitting), for some fun shooting and to see how you pros do it.

5. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Well I already qualified for next year's Gunny Match so my goals are pretty much the same as usual. Win, and help any shooters that might need it. It would be nice to break into the 30s but thats way hard.

6. Terminator

Terminator

Id like to score under 100 in my next match.
    I want to make 5 matches this year, but that remains to be seen if i can swing that one although i will be in Anderson and look forward to meeting you all.

i really dont care about winning anything, i just love the experience and having a good time and meeting new friends.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Ditto, and like Dale I just got my new timer so focused practice is the order of the day. No 'D's and 24 rounds for plates and I feel the math will take care of itself.
    Hoping to make Indy, Oakdale, Greeley, Hallsville, and Lex.
    C'mon Spring!
    ;f

8. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

my goals? Im gonna set the bar low, that way I can easily accomplish them all!

1. I hope to fire at least 50 rounds thru my gun between now and Anderson, and then at least 50 rounds before each subsequent match (before Richmond, Statesville, Conyers, Jax.)

2. Also - I just may just go ahead and clean my gun, if even only one time.... because if Dan and Don say that it's a good idea, then Im all for it.

3. I think it may be time for me to start speeding up a bit. I have been consciously slowing waaaaayyyyy down (trying to get a clean match) and I think that I am spending too much time aiming and defeating myself.

4. Im gonna get a bunch of those cute little handwarmer thingies that Jerry had, and I might just shave my head too! But I draw the line at piercings.

5. Spend less time on Glocktalk.

9. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Were the participants from this year's match automatically invited back for next year?

10. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

CGR was Matchmeister at Boulder.

11. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You have to have the piercings, they help meld you to the force........ And if you're uncomfortable with your piercings showing there are those that don't show. ;Q

12. DiverDn

DiverDn Diver Down

Well since I'm new to Glocks and new to shooting, my goal is to try and make a couple of GSSF shoots for the experience. I missed a couple in my neck of the woods last fall but am going to try to coordinate business travel to be in the right places at the right time.
    DD

13. Custom Glock Racing

No. In an odd set of timing I won the Vegas match the week before the Gunny match.

14. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Matt;

Then what you are saying is that the selection for the Gunny Match is based on Match Meister Winners within the Calendar Year and not within the Season Schedule Year? Guess that would make sence as I have often wondered why the GSSF Match Schedule didn't go by Calendar Year(Jan. - Dec. instead of Mar/Apr - Feb).

Maybe we will hear more when the new Full Schedule and Vol. 1 of the 2005/2006 Glock Report comes out.

15. Custom Glock Racing

I cant say for sure. Technically there may not even be another match next year. I was told that all matches shot in 05 would count for the 06 challenge if there is one.

16. gary newport

gary newport

My goal is to break the 100-second barrier! My best time so far, in two Richmond, CA matches, shooting a total of six courses-of-fire over the two matches is 119 and change. It COULD happen, right?

17. DeLandSkyjumper

DeLandSkyjumper Play'naNewGame

Originally, I was hoping to break into the 90's by the time Glock comes back to FL next year. But now I'm gonna try to be shooting in the 90's by the end of the summer at our club's Glock style matches. All I gotta do is slow it down a few seconds to start cleaning up my penalties, mainly at 20 and 25yrds.. I shot a 140.50/am civ and a 140.92/am comp and really feel that I was capable of shooting in the mid 120's at Orlando w/ both guns. Time and continued practice will tell.

MarcD, congrats. Hope to see ya back out at Flagler soon. I think we have another Glock style match sometime next month.

Chris

18. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

I have just one simple goal - getting through the plates without leaving any standing. Last year I had a heck of a time with the plates . . . :steamed:

19. Perry F.

Perry F.

I want to place in the top 20 in Amateur Civilian.

20. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Gary, note my avatar. Think positive always. I'm so confident that we'll both break 100 that I'm going to get someone who's headed to Vegas to put a $10 futures bet down on the Cubs that they win the whole thing this year. (I don't know what the odds are on that right now, but it would have to buy at least another case of WWB if successful...)
    ;f