GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried the Ameriglo Agent sights with the U notch and really like them. I think I am starting to like a thinner front sight in general. What are your favorite sights for carry? And range/competition use? I want to see what else is out there

Here's a picture of the sights I'm referring to

·
Registered
502 Posts
Do you find those faster in low light?
So, for me, it’s easier stacking two dots in low light than lining up three horizontally. It’s not a big difference at all to be sure, more personal preference than a matter of speed.

Sights are a pretty individual thing. I can be perfectly happy with many of them. HD/XRs are great, Agents are great, Novak’s, Heinie, etc, etc, etc. My personal preference just tends towards I-Dots with the narrow front. I put them on all my Glocks except the 19 MOS which has Ameriglo Troopers, very similar to your Agents. They don’t make I-Dots for the MOS series...or at least they didn’t. Maybe they do now, haven’t checked.

Regarding your Agents, Ameriglo sells front sights individually in various heights and widths. If you want to try a narrower front, give them a call and they’ll sort you out. I’ve found them to have good customer service.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I started out with Big Dots and really like them for fast up close shooting and that’s what’s on my G30, I don’t think there is anything quicker.
The downside is the BD are not as fun for target shooting so I went with I Dot Pro sights in green/yellow On a couple of guns.
The downside of those was the rear of the rear sight edge would dig into me with some carry methods.
I then found the Ameriglo CAP sights which gave me both a very fast sight, low profile, yet good for target shooting. The rear edge is not at the rear of the slide so I never get the rear sight digging me.
I got those in orange and found I like the orange better so my 9mm guns have orange CAP sights on them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Anything less than .125 front sights to include a larger opening in the rear sight aperture. At night a good weapon mounted light. Tritium front sights are simply too wide.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
TruGlo TFX.

Day, night, or in between. TFX do a great job.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Front Sight: Ameriglo Bold "Orange"
Rear Sight: Several different ones will work for me, but the Vickers Plain Black Battle Sight would be my preferred rear sight. A U Notch pretty much what the first poster had selected, without tritium dots on the back sight.
Back when Brownells was just selling a front TFO sight by itself, I put one on a G23.4 with a plain Black rear sight. I liked this combination fairly well also. A good combination of Day/Night visibility.

Bob R

·
Gunslinger
1,708 Posts
Front Sight: Ameriglo Bold "Orange"
Rear Sight: Several different ones will work for me, but the Vickers Plain Black Battle Sight would be my preferred rear sight. A U Notch pretty much what the first poster had selected, without tritium dots on the back sight.

Bob R
This describes my preferred setup exactly, and it is what I have on my Glock 17. SIG Sauer offers something very similar on their P365 except they outline the front sight in green. That is where I developed my preference for it. For some reason, putting the big, bright front dot into the wide rear notch is super fast for me and it is hard NOT to focus on the front sight. It may not be the best setup for precision shooting, but it works really well for getting a couple shots each onto multiple targets fast. I love it.

·
Displaced Hillbilly
1,833 Posts
Trijicon HD XR’s with the yellow front sight.

Reactions: BlackJack24

·
Registered
126 Posts
I-dots for me, got 'em on all 3 of my glocks.

michael

Reactions: Deputydave
1 - 20 of 50 Posts