Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Build the Wall
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Father's Day is June 18th, what will you be shooting?

For me it will be......

"Atlanta Police" marked G22 w/LWD threaded 9mm conversion barrel & Liberty Mystic X

Gen1 Sub2000, unfired since I bought it in 2008! :)

Ruger Mark III 22/45 w/Gemtech Alpine

I LOVE being a dad and I wouldn't trade it for all the AK-47s on the planet!!! (and that's saying a lot for those that know me!)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the amazing dads out there!!!!

S&W

·
****** Viejo
29,265 Posts
No range trip for me. I'll be at the gunshow then lunch. Party later at dinner with the entire family. Happy Father's Day to you and the rest of the Dads. tom. :cowboy:

·
Registered
13,427 Posts
Ill go saturday. Taking 219 DW, 221 Fireball, and 25-20 Win. Contenders Ruger 22/77 and Remington 870.

·
Build the Wall
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No range trip for me. I'll be at the gunshow then lunch. Party later at dinner with the entire family. Happy Father's Day to you and the rest of the Dads. tom. :cowboy:
That sounds like a good time as well, enjoy :)

S&W

Reactions: deputy tom

·
****** Viejo
29,265 Posts
double tap. tom.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
no shootin for me for a while. i hurt my hand at work so it will be at least another month till the skin grows back enugh. my daughter did get me tickits to comicon last month tho. got pics of me in a signed buy john barris batmobile. it was pretty cool

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
A buddy asked me to take a new friend to the range Saturday, as he is on vacation with his wife. We all met briefly Memorial day, at a gig I was playing at an American Legion post. During a break, we all got to talking shooting, and this guy mentioned he would like to find a decent range, so Saturday, if all goes according to plan, will buy a membership.

We were talking, and I asked him what his favorite rifle was, and he launches into a 10 minute discussion about his .308 build. We go over to his car, and he opens the trunk, pulls out a bag, and shows us what he has just been discussing. Can't tell you much about the rifle, but the bag blew me away, had a trident pin and a Delta patch. I asked him if they were real, and he said yes, was part of the first Delta team back in (?) 1978. He is in his 60's, if I had to guess, pretty laid back and not really that intimidating, for a big guy.

I'm looking forward to it.

As to Sunday, total family day. I'll fire up the grill, cook whatever the wife tells me to cook, drink a few beers, and just hang out with my peeps.

Reactions: deputy tom

·
Banned
603 Posts
I just invite friends over sometimes to shoot on my range but it is a weekly thing not fathers day . we break out about 30 suppressors between us .

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Tough but good question. No idea lol

·
Registered
675 Posts
I scheduled some time at the range just last night. Have a few of my carry guns on the docket.
My G26, testing out a couple new +2 mag base plates by Hyve.
The P320 in compact and subcompact modes. Also to test out some new mag base plates by Obsidian arms for subcompact mode.
And then the PPQ M2, just for fun to put some more rounds through it.

·
10mm Philosopher
6,105 Posts
Father's Day is June 18th, what will you be shooting?
Something Old School ... that a Korean War vet (my Dad) would appreciate.

He always said, most times 8-rds of ball ammo would put 'em down, but that really long bayonet made 'em scream going in slow. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30,233 Posts
no shootin for me for a while. i hurt my hand at work so it will be at least another month till the skin grows back enugh. my daughter did get me tickits to comicon last month tho. got pics of me in a signed buy john barris batmobile. it was pretty cool
Cute kids Steel. :)

Boosted, I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but if you are able, this might be a good time to brush up on your "offhand" shooting (if you are able).

·
King Doofus.
5,899 Posts
My kids.... and whichever guns they favor.... and lots of ammo. :2gun:

·
Registered
30,233 Posts
My Father killed himself when I was young and I have no kids, so Father's day is just another day to me,
but I'll probably shoot something, simply because I shoot most every day, if only a few magazines.
I need to dig out something I haven't shot in a while.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts