close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are you giving yourself for Christmas this year??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by flyandscuba, Dec 20, 2004.

1. flyandscuba

flyandscuba

Although not in my normal work territory, my company asked if I'd meet with a potential Indian Nation client in Washington state on short notice last week. Since I have a brother in Seattle, I jumped at the opportunity to get away from the land of hurricanes and take a nice trip to the Pacific Northwest at company expense.

Christmas giving is very lean this year -- post hurricane Ivan. So, my gift to myself while here in Seattle has been spending the last three days doing a little floatplane flying at Seattle Seaplanes. They've put a sweet little Skyhawk in service since my last visit when I got my seaplane rating. This one has a 180-hp conversion with a constant speed prop that really hops off of the water.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The weather has been merciful with broken clouds, cool temperatures, and great visibility.

What is everyone else giving themselves for Christmas?

2. sopdan

sopdan

In the next year or so I'd like to get my seaplane rating. At my school we have a nice restored Super Cub on floats, and I'd really like to fly that thing. :)

[​IMG]

As far as Christmas gifts to myself, I've started my CFI training which I'll be paying for eventually, if that counts. ;)