Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my mask in the office for about 30 minutes per shift and when I go to a store.

First of all, I set it on the dashboard during the day so the sun hits it. Then I spritz alcohol on it both front an back. If I really want it to smell nice I hit it with Fabreeze.

So far so good. I've got 2 more new ones and after that I'm done.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts

·
Registered
32,284 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I've been out three times with one N95 and it's fine. I put it on correctly and take it off with care... and I don't ruin it by pulling it down over my chin.

I keep it and my safety glasses in an empty Kleenex box for several days to a week between uses, so it will last a while.

I use them for mowing the grass and really dusty weed trimming, edging, and blowing, so one gets pretty dirty, but I use one twice or more, depending on how "clean" it looks.

When this started, I had about a dozen left out of a box of twenty that I bought years ago. I have ordered some of the "Victory Masks" from Rhobar, but those will be out some time in June. We have plenty of old T-shirts and Wifey hasn't been going anywhere, so we can get by with what we have.

Should it get REALLY bad, I do have a bunch of good gas masks and new filters, but that's not likely. We'll be into hurricane season soon, and I'm ready for that... German Kevlar helmets for the shelter under our stairs.

·
Super Moderator
3,914 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bake them at 160 to 170 for 30 minutes, do not let them touch metal while cooking and they should be good. For the most part by day 4 the viral load should be about completely minimized though if you just want to hang it and wait the time.

·
Registered
27,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You’re not supposed to clean them, you’re supposed to throw them away after you’ve used them. That’s why they’re called disposable masks...
In a perfect world that would happen. Even medical personnel are reusing disposable masks.

Reactions: TBO

·
Banned
547 Posts
Easy here: no mask - no problem.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,700 Posts
I've used the surgical type masks for mowing the yard for many years. Last year, the mask supply around here got pretty low, so I bought them in bulk ….. hundreds of 'em! After mowing, they get pretty nasty, so they get tossed out.

Flash

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
If soap and sanitizer kills the virus on your hands...

Reactions: Pierre!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts