Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a newbie question for most here, but I would like to hear opinions from experienced folks.

What is the reason for having iron sights that cowitness a reflex sight that I'm eventually going to install on my new G34 MOS ?

Would there be any benefit with night sights or are basic black sights best?

Any recommendation on specific models of sights that will work?

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm not an expert but I just bought the 34mos and the rm-06 so I've read a little on it. They are saying that because the red dot is a little hard to pick up visually that when you bring the gun up to shooting position, having taller sights helps you find the red dot quickly b/c the taller sights point you to the red dot. So I saw a picture where the red dot is right above the front sight all lined up for easy red dot sighting. Hope that helps

· GTDS #88
3,378 Posts
I know this is a newbie question for most here, but I would like to hear opinions from experienced folks.

What is the reason for having iron sights that cowitness a reflex sight that I'm eventually going to install on my new G34 MOS ?

Would there be any benefit with night sights or are basic black sights best?

Any recommendation on specific models of sights that will work?
Trijicon and Ameriglo make suppressor sights that will allow co-witnessing with your reflex sight. As to why, redundancy is my reason. I've had my MRDS fail.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not an expert but I just bought the 34mos and the rm-06 so I've read a little on it. They are saying that because the red dot is a little hard to pick up visually that when you bring the gun up to shooting position, having taller sights helps you find the red dot quickly b/c the taller sights point you to the red dot. So I saw a picture where the red dot is right above the front sight all lined up for easy red dot sighting. Hope that helps

Okay. That is making perfect sense.

Thank you.

Trijicon and Ameriglo make suppressor sights that will allow co-witnessing with your reflex sight. As to why, redundancy is my reason. I've had my MRDS fail.

Sounds good.

I found the set on Amiriglo's website that seem to be a simple fixed black sight. I wish they'd arrange their webpage differently so you could better view their products, though.

I may be wrong but it seems that a simple black sight would be better suited with a red dot than night sights would, then again what do I know at this point. I'll keep reading and looking for images of sight pictures before buying anything.

· GTDS #88
3,378 Posts
Okay. That is making perfect sense.

Thank you.

Sounds good.

I found the set on Amiriglo's website that seem to be a simple fixed black sight. I wish they'd arrange their webpage differently so you could better view their products, though.

I may be wrong but it seems that a simple black sight would be better suited with a red dot than night sights would, then again what do I know at this point. I'll keep reading and looking for images of sight pictures before buying anything.
Depends on your application. If you're going to run the pistol exclusively for let's say USPSA, Steel Challenge. A plain sight setup is probably the way to go. If you're using it for personal defense the night sights might be a better option. Really depends on personal preference as well.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Wil.

I'll be using this G34 simply for range-comp shooting.

My other Glocks, 1911's, P220, 870 and S&W are what I'll use for personal defense-home defense.

That is one of the reasons I"m okay with going with a lighter trigger and etc. No concerns with this gun ever being used in a defensive situation.

· GTDS #88
3,378 Posts
Thanks, Wil.

I'll be using this G34 simply for range-comp shooting.

My other Glocks, 1911's, P220, 870 and S&W are what I'll use for personal defense-home defense.

That is one of the reasons I"m okay with going with a lighter trigger and etc. No concerns with this gun ever being used in a defensive situation.
Anytime, enjoy the 34. It's a fun shooting pistol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.