Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
33,653 Posts
Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, Winchester Ranger/Ranger-T, Winchester PDX1 are the big four, IMO.

The bigger question is which can you get ahold of? PDX1 and Gold Dots are easiest.

Fire at least 100-200 rounds to verify function and learn the recoil.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, Winchester Ranger/Ranger-T, Winchester PDX1 are the big four, IMO.

The bigger question is which can you get ahold of? PDX1 and Gold Dots are easiest.

Fire at least 100-200 rounds to verify function and learn the recoil.
I kinda get pissed because Speer Gold Dots are always out when I go to any local gun shop or some don't even carry it. and when they run out they take there time ordering a new supply. Also heard Hornady has some good ammo but never see them in stock either. always the cheap bargain ammo in stock everywhere.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Remington Golden Saber is very good in any caliber. Also Magtech. (The FBI stats for kills by bullet type is vailable online, which is where I got my info on Golden Saber. At the time, Golden Saber was rated #1 for one-shot kills, I believe.)

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,816 Posts
Don't rely just on a name.
There is no such thing as the 'Golden BB'!

Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester. All are good names.

Get something that feeds/functions 100% in your pistol. Not 99%. 100%.
Then, concentrate on shot placement and training.

Me???? In my 9mm pistols, well, a quantity of the Federal 9BPLE 115 gr +P+ fell into my hands many years ago. (And they function 100%!)

·
Mike November
518 Posts
I use anything from 147gr Hydra-Shoks and Gold Dots to 124gr+p Ranger T's. I don't really feel one is better than the other as long as it 100% reliable and I can hit what I'm aiming at. And what ever is available at the time plays a big role.

Manny

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.