close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are my options - Help!

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ppts799, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Do you have a receipt for the 5K which also indicates the remaining balance?

Just tell him you can't wait any longer and would have to forfeit his deposit and sell the pistol to another guy. See how he reacts.

The legalities of you giving him the Deed of Sale may be an issue, it would be better to wait for comments from our lawyer BOGs. :)

3. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

sell it to another buyer.if the deed of sale is dated,I believe there is a grace period for both of you to transfer the license and consumate the sale or if its open dated(meaning no date) and He has not transferred it, benta na lang sa iba na gusto bumili.just my 2 cents.

4. riddler

riddler

I know that it is already too late but you should have included a clause with your deed of sale. Such clause should state that complete ownership and/or transfer should take place on or before a certain date or the deed of sale will become null and void, and consequently he/she forfeits his/her downpayment. Make the date very reasonable considering any possible delays.

Yes, you have the right to be "disappointed" because you need the money and can't sell the gun to someone else. But this may not be the buyer's fault. Sometimes, the "typewriter don't have any oil", hence the delay.

But it could also mean that the buyer do not have the balance and is intentionally delaying his paperwork.

Whatever it is, you can do either of the following:

- give him back his downpayment and get back the deed of sale, then sell the gun to someone else.

- if he does not agree to it, file an affidavit that the sale was not completed due to the buyer not fulfilling his obligations. Have a good lawyer read it and submit it to the office that processes firearm transfer papers.

Good luck!!!

5. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

thanks for the quick replies guys!

batangueno : unfortunately, i did not make a receipt this time (i did with the past pistols sold) because i know people who "know" him, so i did not expect this. yes, i plan to give him another chance and be more direct this time.

kristiansen : 4 months may be too long for that grace period. sayang nga eh, there were 2 other sure buyers for the pistol.

riddler : yeah, that's my problem, i know i had to do it but i am a very trusting person (i never learned from my past similar experiences
    ;e ) i don't think he is short of cash though, but i also do not think he is doing it intentionally. it's just not on the top of his to-do-list. - or am i just trusting him too much again;a ;a

6. vega

vega

Mahaba nga ang pasensiya mo, good luck.

vega

7. riddler

riddler

Pio,

My mom often tells me, "Does not matter how well-trained a dog is, a porkchop is food to a hungry dog".

From your posts, it seems that you are really a trusting person. Nothing wrong with that but take it from me, the best way to keep friendships is to take any temptations away from your friends. Not that you don't trust them, but to spare them the agony of avoiding such a temptation.

This is best achieved by putting all "significant" transactions in black and white. Of course, there are people in your life that are exempt from this rule. But make sure that they are.....!

Since you think that this person is not short on cash ......and you are, why not ask him to ante up and just pay the balance in full. This should tell you whether this person trust you the same way you do him.

;)

8. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

thanks vega and riddler!

actually, i just told another BOG member through YM that i plan to do just that. ask the buyer to pay the balance but i still keep the unit til he comes up with the proper documents. that way, his lack of action will be to his own disadvantage only.

thanks again!

9. Django

Django

PPTS - As discussed. Call for any developments. :)

10. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

sir django, it was very kind of you to call. you have very good points. i will keep those in mind.

many thanks!

11. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

THANKS DOC! :)

FOR SALE :

Glock 19, 3rd gen, 2 mags
    serial Fxx-444
    only 200 rounds fired

P27,000.00 only

please text me or Pm if interested. THANKS!

12. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

tyvm din kay snookie!