Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
M62/76
14,420 Posts
All of the modern SD ammo pretty much does it’s job if you do yours and put shots on target. Find a load you shoot well and go with it is my .02. I’ve long been a fan of Remington Golden Sabers in my Glock 21 which has been my nightstand gun for nearly 20 years. But any of the usual brands should serve you well (HST, Gold Dots, Cor-Bon stuff, Underwood, etc).

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
So many good ones now days. normally doe me I get Critical Duty or Gold Dots but id not hesitate to use about at least 1/2 dozen others also(GoldenSabres,XTP's,that new Sig one cant remember name of but there are a bunch)

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,120 Posts
Many moons ago, I bought some Federal 230gr HST2 ammo. I think it is +P, but still subsonic. I tested it in my 1911 and G21 and said it works. I then bought a small pile of it. I am still working through my small pile.

When I use that up....
I will be looking for a bonded bullet.
There is a high probability I will go with Underwood 230gr.
Why? It is good ammo, I want subsonic for suppressed in some guns.

There is also the possibility of looking at something that doesn't do the FBI test.
Underwood and Lehigh bullets, penetrators and such...
There is also the thought of picking up something that is a quick expanding for taking out with out over penetration. By that time, I may be able to make my own quickshock load that is pre-fragmented core. I had some SMC rounds that tested very well years ago on gel.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Am I the oddball out for using Speer Lawman 230gr ball in my 1911s?

My primary is either a Glock 19 or Sig P226 loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 +P but if I gotta reach into the safe, then stuff has hit the fan and outcome the 1911 governments loaded with ball ammo.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
For SD I use any good brand HP, I will buy the cheapest one available at that time. I have also carried standard 230 gr FMJ in my .45s. You just have to make sure you can hit your target with what ever ammo you are buying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts