Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ammo do you guys shoot with your Glock 22's? I've already bought a couple small boxes of Federal Hydra Shoks, 135 grain. What do you guys reccomend for personal defense rounds? Range rounds?

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
Only new/factory ammo. No reloads or lead ammo. For SD I use Speer Gold Dots. Range ammo, Winchester White Box (WWB) 100rd packs from wal-mart, or blazer brass.

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I'd recommend .40 cal :rofl:

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
What ammo do you guys shoot with your Glock 22's? I've already bought a couple small boxes of Federal Hydra Shoks, 135 grain. What do you guys reccomend for personal defense rounds? Range rounds?
135 sounds kinda light. That is what I shoot in my 9mm. My 22 I shoot just plain and simple JHP from Winchester 165 grain.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
Please don't take offense. For every answer you get expect at least one or two smart ass ones. I'm known for doing it quite often here. It's how we keep sane around here and keep the atmosphere light.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
For range, I like FMJ Blazer or Winchester Whitebox or any other cheap stuff.

For carry, I like Doubletap 155g .40 cal. I've tested and researched many different options.

With Doubletap, some others seem to like 135g or 165g.

Discussions about carry ammo can be like "9mm vs. 40 cal" debates or any other religious debate.

·
Armed & Safe
2,196 Posts
In .40 I prefer 180gr for less felt recoil and better penetration.

Speer Gold Dots, Federal HST, and Winchester Ranger are all great SD rounds.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
In .40 I prefer 180gr for less felt recoil and better penetration.

Speer Gold Dots, Federal HST, and Winchester Ranger are all great SD rounds.
big +1. i have 180 HST in both my .40's. they shoot point of aim, they have low recoil, low flash (especially compared to something like 135 grain), and are generally much easier to shoot for me

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'd recommend .40 cal :rofl:
Damn...I was going to say that!

But seriously, I also recommend either the Speer GD in either 155 or 165 Grain, or the 140 Cor-Bon DPX...a great new round with great terminal performance. I actually switched to them from Speer GD for now, something I never though I'd do.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Cor-bon Power Ball (Defense)

Winchester White Box (Range)

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
I range shoot with wwb 180 gr.

Self defense load with Remington Golden Sabor 180 gr. HP.

OD:wavey:

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
wow.....that really wasnt necessary

if i took that the wrong way i apologize, just caught me at a really bad time

No offense intended, just having a little fun :embarassed:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts