What ammo do you carry in your P32 and why?

Discussion in 'Kel-Tec Talk' started by Gray_Rider, Feb 6, 2010.

1. gofastman

gofastman

Fiocchi 73gr FMJ
    Why?
    Penetration!

2. mickdundie

mickdundie

Gold Dot with the factory KelTec rim lock preventers installed in the mags.

I figure if they don't open they are just like FMJ...if they do...better still. They get 8" penetration in ballistic gel. 7 center mass will get anyone to back off!

CCF
    I noticed several people do this (HP in chamber/top of mags, the rest FMJs). What are the reasons? Just curious. BTW, is ball ammo & FMJs the same thing?

My girlfriend may be getting & carrying a P-32 so I'm wondering what type ammo to use. I'd much appreciate any comments.

They put a JHP in the pipe because they are concerned about loading the mag full of JHP because of the risk of rimlock...a type of malfunction caused by rimmed brass like the 32ACP has.

And yes...ball is slang for FMJ

GooDay

Mick:thumbsup:

3. Out West

Out West

Old thread (everything in this section is old), and I don't have a great revelation to add. I use FN 73 grn FMJ. Bought A 1000 rounds eons ago when I bought my first P32. It was some kind of surplus. Sealed primers and bullets. Still shooting that lot. The round has been 100% reliable. I carry this gun more than I shoot it.

4. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

I don't own a P32 but I'll butt in anyhow. I use Aguila FMJ 71 grain in my Beretta Tomcat 3032 wide slide. So many lives dropped like a rock from .22LR, .25acp and .32acp. on Forensic Files and Snapped.

5. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Buffalo Bore 32 ACP +P 75 Grain Hard Cast Lead Flat Nose Buffalo bore chronographed this ammo at 910 fps out of a keltec P-32. The Keltec is a lockedbreech pistol and can handle plus+P ammo.

6. Joe H

Joe H

Does BB need the rimlock flywire?

7. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

A rimlock flywire??? I don't know what that is but the P-32 works fine with the Buffalo Bore ammo which I was able to order from my local Cabelas and didn't have to pay shipping. I've used BB ammo in 10mm, 9mm, 38 special, 9mm Mak, and 357 magnum, 41 magnum and I've been very happy with how consistent and accurate it is. I also like Underwood ammo and use that in the 38 (150 grain Full wadcutter) and 9mm Mak(115 grain Hardcast flatnose) because it's less expensive and seems just as good.