What amazes me to no end...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock20 10mm, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Is that there is hardly a whimper about non-Americans being granted the same rights and privileges of the Constitution as legal citizens! Think about it, they are given Miranda rights, along with all of our other Constitutional rights.

Too me that just doesn't seem right and it really p!sses me off that these illegals and terrorists and foreigners are granted the same rights as you and I that are natural or legal citizens!! Doesn't that seem wrong to anyone else? Or am I out of line?

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I travel to a great extent for my job and I would hate the idea of not having the same protections as the citizens of the countries I'm visiting. HH

3. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

YOUR RIGHT ,but nobody will do anything about it .

4. Hawker Man

Hawker Man

It kinda goes with the territory.

The Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Tom

5. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

All non-americans should be executed to death. :fist:

6. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

As has already been said, rights do not originate from the constitution. The constitution is (meant to be) a bare minimum check on the power of the government.

7. Hawker Man

Hawker Man

14th Amendment

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

I am on this Constitution, if you read it you will see all the rights that the U.S Government is stripping away from the people.
    Tom

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  8. HarlDane

HarlDane

Rights aren't privileges granted to citizens by a government, once you understand that you'll understand why all people, regardless of their citizenship are entitled to them.

9. conservativenut

conservativenut

You are totally right. This government is giving our country away. People who are illegally in this country should not have the same rights as citizens. As for traveling to other countries, no you should not have the same rights as their citizens, but since you are probably traveling legally then you would probably receive assistance in understanding their laws. Remember traveling is different than illegally living in another country.

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Guess I was under the impression or understanding that the United States Constitution only applied to United States naturalized or legal citizens. Seems I have been misled or I misunderstood what I was taught. Back to the books for me then it seems.

11. Frozen_Tex

Frozen_Tex

All people within any country (well most) are subject to the same laws and rights as that country's government grants to its citizens. If you go to England then you have the same rights as any English citizen and are subject to the same laws. Same goes for someone that comes to the US from England. (Just using England as an example) Taxation, employment, education, etc can be different because they usually are based off of citizenship status but criminal laws and rights are the same. Now some countries are the exception (Iran, North Korea, Burma, Congo, etc) however they typically don't treat their own citizens very well so...

12. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

As opposed to "executed to....???"

13. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

I was making fun of the OP.

14. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Yeah, when it comes to "due process" you were certainly misled.

If a criminal sneaks into the country from Mexico and kills a cop in Texas we have the right to execute him here (after a guilty verdict, due process and all) even though they don't practice capital punishment in Mexico .... see it works both ways.

Simalarly if an illegal immigrant shoots a guy crawling into his bedroom window in Texas he'll be just as likely to walk out of the Grand Jury a free man as a US National would.

Neat, huh?

I honestly believe that the freedom enjoyed in the US, as well as the punishments for using that freedom irresponsibly, should be available to any man, woman or child who is inside our borders, regarless of how they got here. NOTE: This has no bearing on how I feel about illegal immigration.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  15. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

There is the problem with your thought process.

16. NanH

NanH

Being a conservative, I would think you supported the Constitution. I guess that's where the nut part comes in, huh?

17. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

What... that I have one? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. repoman1984

repoman1984 under the pully

What amazes me to no end is liberals/illegal immigrants would rather ***** and whine and break the law than actually spend the equal effort it would take to "fix" mexico and yes, mexico is for lack of a better word "broken".

19. FLGUY

FLGUY Guest

Considering that there are quite a number of ways to be executed. :rofl:

20. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:rofl::rofl:

I agree it pisses me off as well.